My mom is totally against the idea of ...r/o

1. Ladies,
    Should I take my mom's advice and give up the thought of ever purchasing a birkin bag? My mom has everything in her collection from Chanel, JudithLeiber, LV, Prada, Celine, Dior except the ultimate Hermes. Her most expensive bag in her collection is 5grand. So whats the difference between spending 5grand or 8 grand? She said that Hermes is in a league of its own and are for truly filthy rich ladies to carry and for the stars. She told me to not even think twice about it. I admit that I am not rich but I'm not doing bad. I am 29 with no home mortgage, no car notes, no children but a love for handbags. My fiance says that he doesn't have a problem with buying it for me in the future. He says after we furnish our home then I can have it. Should I listen to my mom though? I mean I love this bag and I want it badly. If future hubby doesn't have a problem with it, why should Mom, right? What would you do?

2. If you want it, get it. Don't worry about what your mother says if you like it. You're a grown woman paying your own bills. As long as you can afford it, go for it!

3. I say go for it as long as you can afford it...you are def a grown, independent woman!!!

4. I have to agree, your a grown independent woman and as you said yourself you haven't got many things to worry about. Its your decision and if you want a hermes birkin, why not?
    IMO, Go for it! lol!
    xxxRosexxx

5. I agree that you being an adult, can make your own decisions. You can always purchase from e-bay and get a better deal on a slightly used bag if that works better for you. I have had a lot of luck doing that! Of course I highly recommend running any questions about authenticity by the gals around here in that thread...

6. Hmmmm....

well.....I say if you're earning your own living why should anyone tell you how to spend your hard-earned money? If you're looking for Mom's approval forget about it. You won't get it and you know that already because she's already said she's against it (and Hermes is NOT just for the filthy rich and superstars....I don't think any of us on the Forum are filthy rich OR superstars...speaking for myself, I'm certainly not!) Remember that you are the ONLY one in charge of your bank account and that's really the bottom line. You earn it....it's your money. If your hearts desire is to own a JPG Birkin then you really need to acheive this goal otherwise you will resent those who held you from it. And you know who they are.

Go for it if you can afford it NOW! Because let me tell you once you're married then there's a house, credit card debts, children and on and on and on.

I'll be 50-years old next year and only now at 49 do I have my H bags.....lotsa years in between with lotsa responsibilites.....

7. so you don't want my autograph, shopmom????????

:roflmfao:

8. yeah, ahem, when kristie and i aren't on tour, we're here on tpf, but don't let our accessibility and hermes cravings fool you kids. we're all about the fame, the filthy riches :lol: and the supah stardom.

9. ^you got it!!!!!

10. Well, as I sit here bored on my luxury yacht currently docked in Monaco, I would like take this opportunity to respond to your post.

If you have the money to buy the Birkin go ahead and get it. You are making your own money and it is your business how you spend that money. I agree with Shopmom, if you can afford it now go ahead and get it before marriage and children and price increases.

11. Actually, I read an interview where one of the Hermes people said that for generations it has been a rite of passage for young French women when they turn 21 to purchase their first Kelly for themselves. I told DH this when I decided to buy my first Kelly........but he can certainly buy me any subsequent ones!!!!!

12. :roflmfao: :roflmfao: :roflmfao: :roflmfao:

omg....you guys REALLY crack me up!

:smile: :heart:

13. catherine denueve bought her first kelly at something like 17, spent every dime she had.

kristie - is the car coming to pick us up at 8 or 9? dianagrace, darling, looking forward to seeing you again soon - still wearing the leather pants? you filthy filthy rich girl you.

ps - truly, waiting is bogus (IF you have the $$ now and IF you think you'll only want 1. if you're going to want a whole collection, then waiting like shopmom would make you a very sensible and practical woman, and you do have to consider your fiance's priorities as well).

14. should I wear the diamonds or the pearls???????:lol: :upsidedown:

15. i love what you did last time - the rocks in your ears and the pearls down to your toes. that was so you.
    down right filthy i say!