My Mom is so great.

1. Since Mother's Day is coming up, I have a story to share.

As some of you know from my posts, we bought a house last month and have been busy getting settled in it. (I have not forgotten to post pics but want to wait till stuff is a bit more decorated! :p )

Anyway, I am working at home today and received a small package from my Mom in the mail.

Inside, was this:

[​IMG]

This is the lightswitch plate that was in my bedroom when I was growing up. It is enameled metal and my Mom bought it for me from a street artist in Berkeley, CA in the 1970s when I was in elementary school. It was on the lightswitch in my room the entire time I was growing up.

After I grew up and moved away, my Mom kept it in my old bedroom and would not let me have it. I asked her a number of times, and she told me that she wanted to keep it for sentimental reasons.

So today when I opened the package and saw it, there was a note from her that said:

"This is for you, since you found your Prince and finally have your castle too..."

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
    :crybaby:

The switchplate is now on the wall in my office where I can see it every day.

Don't forget your Moms on Mother's Day!!!!

2. OMG that is the sweetest thing I think I've ever read I'd be blubbing like a baby

3. OMG... that is the most thoughtful thing I've ever read! What an awesome Mom, Roo. Thanks for sharing that story!

4. That is such a heartwarming story Roo!! Thank you so much for sharing. I feel like I need to call my mom right now!

You have an awesome mother!

5. What a lovely story, Roo!

6. That is so sweet of your mom....doesn't it make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside?

7. Aww heck ya made me cry. How wonderful.

8. That's so thoughtful! What a great mom :heart:

My mom rocks, too. She still has me call her everday when I get home from work to make sure I got home all right, but hey, she's a mom ;)

9. Your mommy is the sweetest! I'm all ferklempt! How cool is that???:crybaby:

10. Aww what a great mom!

11. I'm in tears. What an awesome mom.

12. That is so sweet! And how nice to have a piece of your past in your present. You'll smile every time you look at that!

13. :crybaby::crybaby::crybaby: omg! You brought tears to my eyes! What a nice story!

14. That is so sweet!

15. omg Roo..... this post got me in tears!!! tears of absolute happiness. This is the sweetest post I've read in awhile... :love:

Your mom is the SWEETEST!! and the note she attached is darling too!