My Mirage Masterpiece and Art Commentary (AND PICTURES GALORE!!!!!)

1. I am so pleased to announce that I have added a masterpiece to my LV collection—the Mirage Speedy. I was drawn to this bag when I started seeing the photos of it here in the forum—thank you for posting them! Then, much to my surprise, I learned that Marc Jacobs drew his inspiration for the Mirage’s design from one of my favorite artists, Johannes Vermeer.

For those that love art, you may enjoy my commentary about the parallels between Vermeer and the Mirage, here goes.

Owning a Mirage you know that the mirage effect is all about “light”. If you are a Vermeer aficionado than you know that Vermeer is know as the Dutch Master of Light. Vermeer’s paintings encompass compelling optical qualities that heighten their color intensity—like the Mirage. Vermeer exploited the behavior of light, intentionally reproducing its effects through the optical effects of the camera obscura (the source of Vermeer’s style—it is said when Vermeer painted he looked at his subjects through a camera like cube “camera obscura” to work with light). Vermeer depicted reality as it is seen, not as it is. This I think is the most compelling parallel between Vermeer and Marc’s Mirage. For those of you that own Mirage, notice how when you are in normal lighting you do not see the reality of the Mirage effect; however, the effect is seen vividly when the Mirage is photographed. Marc is genius! Vermeer would be proud!

Moreover, if you ever treat yourself to viewing a Vermeer you will understand how his paintings mesmerize your eye—just like the Mirage. And, just like Vermeer, an artist I consider to be a “limited edition” given that he has only 35 paintings attributed to him, the Mirage, too is a Limited Edition.

Allow me to present the reality of my Mirage:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Modeling (sorry my girlfriend’s hands weren’t steady!):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Oh, and this morning I could swear, my Mirage had a big grin on her face when she went on her first outing. Maybe it was all in my head?!

[​IMG]

2. great pics! congrats!

3. love your mirage! Congrats!

4. Very nice!

5. Congratulations on you noir! I have the bordeaux and am also quite smitten with it. IMO it's a classic. Hope you enjoy your bag for ever & ever!

6. Beautiful! Congrats!

7. Thanks Sugarcookie! I will enjoy her forever. Look me up when I am 103 and I will still have her...of that I am sure!

8. wow ... looks great on you! congrats!

9. WOW! The mirage speedy looks AMAZING!!! :smile:

10. Congrats!!! The bag looks wonderful on you! Enjoy her!!

11. I agree with your assessment that the Mirage Speedy is simply a breathtaking work of art. I love the way the mirage effect is displayed on my bag! I have the bordeaux Speedy and I must say that this is one bag that I will also have when I am 103 or older! LOL I LOVE this bag! Congratulations on your beautiful bag!!

12. congrats on your mirage!!! :smile:

13. Love the mirage!! Congrats!!!!

14. Oh, Pursenut, we can hang out together with our bags while we rock in our rocking chairs!

15. congrats!:yahoo: you'r pictures really do justice to the bag and you look great modeling it!!! wear it in the best of health...