My Mathilda has gone to the Rainbow Bridge

1. It was the hardest thing I have ever done, but after a difficult night I took her to the vet again this morning and had her put to sleep. I was holding her in my arms when she died, I could feel it when her poor little heart stopped beating. It was very peaceful. The vet---who was crying right along with me---said it was the best. most loving thing to do for my baby. I am very sad but also I feel relieved that her suffering is over. The whole way over to the vet's office I cried and argued with myself about it but now I am glad I did it. I cannot say enough about how compassionate everyone at the vet hospital was---their gentle care made it so much easier.

She may have responded to the new heart med and the increased dose of diuretic the vet started her on last night but in my heart I feel it would only have bought her a few more days or weeks. I believe she was tired of being sick and in her own kitty way was ready to go.

Good bye, Kitchen Hog. I'll miss you but I'll see you again.:heart:

2. awwwh i am so sorry for your loss. but that's where my doggie went in november. glad to hear someone else knows of it. :yes:

3. Awwwwe, I'm so sorry to hear about your kitty...-hugs- :crybaby:

4. :crybaby::cry:

You gave your kitty the best gift of all: a dignified death in the arms of her mommy.

5. I am so sorry to read this, but relieved to here that you've accepted that what you did was right and kind. I hope you feel better soon, and I'm keeping you in my thoughts.

6. So sad to hear. sorry for the loss of your pet. Thinks will bet better.

7. *HUGS* :sad:

8. I'm so sorry, I was in your shoes in May so I know exactly how you feel. :cry:
    ((((HUGS))))

9. Oh madamefifi I'm so sorry. She is in a better place, pain-free and doing all the things she loves to do, and waiting to see you again. <<HUGS>>

10. I am so sorry for your loss :heart: may the time come when you smile more than cry when you think about her.

11. :crybaby:Hugs to you. You did what was best. At least she isn't suffering anymore.

12. I'm so sorry. I think you did what was best, and she is no longer in pain. *hugs*

13. Big hugs. You did the right thing for her.:heart:

14. Madamefifi, I'm so sorry you had to go through this. I have had to make the same choice and it is always hard but it is also the right thing to do. Big hugs to you.

15. I am so sorry for your loss. That is a decision no one wants to make, but you definitely did the unselfish thing for Mathilda. Hugs to you, and know that Mathilda is running around in puppy heaven pain free! We are here if you ever need support :flowers: