My LV surprise and a question

1. I am not sure if this is the right place to post this question...

I recently inherited a nice collection of LV bags from a former neighbor. For years I complimented her on her bags, thinking that they were fakes (what did I know, I was a poor student and certainly wasn't shopping for designer handbags!) but trying to be nice. It was obvious that she was proud of her bags...

She actually left the bags to me in her will! Her son brought them over to me about 6 months ago in a big box. I looked at them, put them back in the box, and stuck them in the closet. Heck, I didn't want to use a plastic bag...

One of my dear friends from college came to visit last night. She has quite a collection of LV bags herself, all authentic. I showed her my "collection" of fakes and to my surprise she looked them over really good and told me I have a big box full of genuine LV bags.

Anyway, some of the bags need the leather repaired. One has some cracking on the leather piping. Is that a repair that LV will do? I know that they will replace the handles and straps, but she didn't know about the piping. I don't have a boutique near me so I'm going to have to make a special trip somewhere to get these bags refurbished...

Thanks for the help. I'm still a little awed by the generosity of my neighbor.

Cat

2. If they are genuine LV then DO NOT take them anywhere other then LV to have the repairs done! Lucky YOU!

3. Lucky! Congrats on the acquisitions! I believe LV will repair all leather trim as long as there is no damage to the canvas. Anyone please correct me if I'm wrong. I'm not sure how it goes for bags that are constructed entirely of leather. But, it never hurts to take them into a boutique and ask.

4. I'd love to see photos! Definitely just take it straight to an LV and they will give you estimates on the repairs.

5. I'd love to see pictures too!

6. Oh my gosh! How generous, and what a surprise!
    I'd also love to see some pictures. How awesome!

7. Congrats on your new collection, but I'm terribly sorry for your neighbor....

please take some photos so we can see your new vintage collection !!!!!!!

8. wow. thats some inheritance. could you post pics or tell us what bags you got?

9. wow! how lucky you are! i'd love to see pics to help you determine weather the damage can be fixed or not. please do not take them to anywhere but an LV boutique for repairs.

10. congrats!!! you are very lucky! I'd love to see pics too!

11. What an amazing story! I would take them all to LV explain the situation and ask how much could be done, the costs etc. GOOD LUCK!:nuts:

12. whoa thats like....my dream! lol. i must see pics!!!!!!!!!!!

13. Congrats!!! Yes, take them to LV for repair.

14. wow! how sweet of your neighbor to leave them to you! Goodluck getting them repaired. I'm sure she'd be happy to know that you plan to take such care into repairing/using them.

15. post pics =)