My Love bracelet broke!!!

Goodness this thread is freaking me out. I got mine in Chicago in November 2011 and never take it off. I had the SA put it on me. I do not detect any problems yet. Can someone please explain what exact type glue and exactly how/where on screw to apply? Sorry for you ladies with all the problems...makes me just sick for you:sad:

Thanks everyone. I agree with not having to use glue. The sa suggested it, but I declined. The piece should stand on it's own integrity, not adding glue.

The sa also said as time comes, the scew part will file up and not come off. Fill up with dead skin and grime. I don't like that. LOL

sjunky13 said:
Thanks everyone. I agree with not having to use glue. The sa suggested it, but I declined. The piece should stand on it's own integrity, not adding glue.

The sa also said as time comes, the scew part will file up and not come off. Fill up with dead skin and grime. I don't like that. LOL

Yeah I just took mine off today..n stripped the screws a little :sad::sad: but cleaned out SO much grime :sad: yuck! I shower everyday too..but it's prob the lotion n stuff I use. Still gross!

I spoke to the SA today about the issues people are having with the new screw system. She mentioned that the problem was solved....which i seriously do not believe. She mentioned that when you put your bracelet together, the new solution was that Cartier added a "locking" feature. You can hear a little "click" when you snap the 2 pieces together before screwing it in...I don't know if this is true, but the Platinum one I was looking at did make a click, but none of the YG did.

Anyways, the SA recommended that you buy your Love for a snug but comfy fit because the more movement the bracelet goes through, the more the screw undoes itself. It's also best to check the screws and tighten them periodically too

Anyways, I got mine today! Fingers crossed!

well mine is very large on me. very large, it turns and doesw not lay right.
My store did not say anything about size, just you do NOT want to hear the clicking.

I hope yours is ok.

I agree with sjunky13, I refuse to use glue. The store that I go to did not mention it at all. They just offer me store credit. For something that we spend so much on, it should be in good condition! Not something we have to wear with trepidation.

I had my Love bracelet with the new screw system for around 9 months and never had a problem with it falling off. I agree with the fact that yucky stuff gets stuck in the screw bits - I started to notice a smell emanating from my wrist (almost like a mildewy smell) and when I took it off there was all this gunk in there. I then started to clean it daily with my Clarisonic (haha)...however in the end my obsessive-compulsive nature won over and I sold the bracelet.

The idea of using glue is ridiculous and I am suprised Cartier would suggest it. If they can't make a product to work properly then they shouldn't sell it. I really think the best thing would be to make one side hinge like Hermes clic clac and have the other side have a locking feature.

Honestly I don't like the old screw system. I don't like the idea of being able to lose screws. I want to be able to take off and put on my bracelet easily. I own two of the new bracelets and thankfully haven't had a problem but the day I notice it fall of even after me tightening it that day is the day I take it back! I didn't spend 21K on Love bracelets to worry about them falling off. Ugh.

I understand...and I dont want to put glue on my bracelet either...but...those of us who are having problems..and can't get our money back or the old bracelet, and are afraid of loosing the bracelet, will risk it and put glue on it. I have NO OTHER CHOICE. i would rather have glue on it than it fall off my wrist and lose it all together!!! don't you guys agree? ya it sucks! and if i knew this before i purchased it...i would NOT have bought a new one..i would have found a preowned old one. =(

The idea of using glue is ridiculous and I am suprised Cartier would suggest it. If they can't make a product to work properly then they shouldn't sell it. I really think the best thing would be to make one side hinge like Hermes clic clac and have the other side have a locking feature.

I agree, seriously this is not right.
If I had a new love and it fell off, I would request the old style, if you insist on it, they will source one, or you could source one from a cartier boutique and request a transfer.
I have had the old love bangle for about 4+ years, not a problem, not a smell, nothing at all. Just scratches that I can happily live it.

Sjunky, if it bothers you, you really have to insist, these are not rubber band bangles, they cost a deal and they should be wearable without fear of them falling off! Ack, crap like this annoys me, it is poor customer service!

I understand...and I dont want to put glue on my bracelet either...but...those of us who are having problems..and can't get our money back or the old bracelet, and are afraid of loosing the bracelet, will risk it and put glue on it. I have NO OTHER CHOICE. i would rather have glue on it than it fall off my wrist and lose it all together!!! don't you guys agree? ya it sucks! and if i knew this before i purchased it...i would NOT have bought a new one..i would have found a preowned old one. =(

No I would not!!!! They are not fashion bracelets stuck with super glue and diamantes, they are gold bangles which should be very strong!

I would just make sure you check everyday to make sure it's tight. How do you take it off if it's glued?

I really dont think it is fair of Cartier to expect someone to have to check their bangles everyday to make sure it is tight?! I just dont get it, maybe I am picky and expect a bangle to stay on when it is screwed on.