My labbie

1. Hello everyone,

Introducing my darling yellow labrador retriever, Summer.

[​IMG]

She'll be 2 on June 30 and she's a super trooper. She was born blind in the left eye and they almost put her down at 3 weeks. I got her when she 8 weeks old and am glad I did cos she's such a sweet, intelligent, gentle girl. When she was 7 months old, we discovered that she has severe hip dysplacia (hip deformity) and requires extensive hip replacement surgery. It broke my heart but I couldn't bring myself to put her down.

We bring her to the beach a lot to swim (cos she can't run too much). Here's a recent picture of her day at the sea.

2. She's a doll. And her bday is 1 day after mine.:flowers: It was meant to be that you would come into her life and take care of her the rest of her life.

3. She's beautiful! You deserve a cookie for taking such good care of her. She's a lucky dog!

4. aww she is dah-ling! yellow labs always look so gentle and kind.

5. Love her. You sound like a very loving mommy.

6. aww she's lucky to have you, she looks like she has a blast at the beach :heart:

7. wow a beautiful dog..u r such an angel for taking care of her..

8. isn't she a cutie. she's happy just where she is.

9. She is such a beautiful girl. She looks like she has a really great life with you. If only there were more people like you....

10. What a gorgeous girl! She is very lucky to have a wonderful Mom like you! Your story made my :heart: smile!

11. Thank you, ladies! She's due for her hip replacement surgery in November. It's a HUGE surgery cos they basically have to remove her old hip and put in a new plastic/steel one. I need to be at home 2 weeks to look after her (plus the surgery will cost me 2 spy bags, hahaha). But she's a trooper. Never complaining and always happy. I love her so much!

12. I love, love, love her! And you are a great mommy. Aww, poor puppy! Hope her surgery goes nice and smoothly in November! :flowers::flowers: :flowers:

13. She's so lucky to have you Tammy D. She's adorable.

14. awww she's so sweet and lucky to have such a great mommy!:flowers:

15. Here's an old picture of her when she was a baby and first came into our lives. Her eyes were weak and her hind legs looked a little displaced. She was clever and sweet, and she was happy if you just give her a brush to play with. I never had problems with her, except for chewing. She loves kids - a lot.

[​IMG]