My husband is being honored at Red Sox game!

1. Hi everyone!

Since I spend so much time here I thought I would share this great news with you!!! My husband is being honored tomorrow night at the Red Sox game at Fenway Park in Boston Massachusetts! I'm so excited for him!:yahoo:

Thanks for letting me share- sorry if you're not a Red Sox fan!:lol:

Mass Mutual to Sponsor Disability Awareness Night
    at Boston Red Sox Game

Honors contributions made by, and on behalf of, 54 million Americans with disabilities

Boston, MA – The cause of people with disabilities will take center stage August 16 when Massachusetts Mutual Life Insurance Company (MassMutual), in cooperation with Exceptional Parent Magazine and the Boston Red Sox, sponsors Disability Awareness Night at Fenway Park at 7:05 p.m.

In addition to honoring local champions of the national awareness campaign to bring attention to the 54 million Americans with disabilities and special needs, the event will provide an opportunity for 250 clients and staff of local disability organizations to attend the ballgame, thanks to free tickets donated by MassMutual (www.massmutual.com) and Exceptional Parent.

Disability Awareness Night honors the contributions of individuals with disabilities, their families and caregivers. Among them is Eric Rubin of Framingham, who will receive the EP Maxwell J. Schleifer Distinguished Service Award at a pre-game ceremony at home plate from Burv Pugh, senior vice president, MassMutual.
    Rubin, a lifelong supporter of organizations devoted to assisting individuals with special needs, is a leading advocate of publicly funding private school educations for children whose special needs are unmet by their public school systems. He is a member of Cure Autism Now and the New England Center for Children’s Parents Association. He is the father of two children, one of whom has autism.
    “Given MassMutual’s longtime support of people with disabilities and other special needs and their families, we are extremely proud to be calling attention to their cause through our sponsorship and participation in the Disability Awareness Night program,” said Joanne Gruszkos, director of MassMutual’s SpecialCare program.

“MassMutual’s SpecialCare[FONT=Helvetica, sans-serif] SM [/FONT]program helps parents and caregivers effectively integrate financial analysis into a thorough, customized life plan for individuals with special needs,” added Gruszkos. “Our goal, and the goal of those we honor, is to help people with disabilities to live dignified and fulfilling lives.”

The EP Maxwell J. Schleifer Distinguished Service Award is named for the late founder and former editor-in-chief of Exceptional Parent who was an advocate for people with disabilities and other special needs. Exceptional Parent is the nation’s oldest and most widely read and referred to publication of its kind, reaching a wide audience of physicians, nurses, therapists, teachers and families involved in the care and development of children and adults with disabilities and special health care needs.
    This year marks the fifth year of Exceptional Parent’s Disability Awareness Night (DAN) program, which began in 2002 with the cooperation of the New York Yankees and the Boston Red Sox. Since then, many professional ball clubs have joined the unique, emotional and powerful program of recognition and awareness.

About MassMutual Financial Group
    MassMutual Financial Group is the fleet name for Massachusetts Mutual Life Insurance Company (MassMutual) and its affiliates, with more than 13 million clients and over $395 billion in assets under management at year-end 2005.

Founded in 1851, MassMutual is a mutually owned financial protection, accumulation and income management company headquartered in Springfield, Mass. MassMutual’s major affiliates include: OppenheimerFunds, Inc.; Babson Capital Management LLC; Baring Asset Management Limited; Cornerstone Real Estate Advisers LLC; and MML Investors Services, Inc. MassMutual is on the internet at www.massmutual.com.

About Exceptional Parent
    [FONT=Courier New, monospace][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Based in Johnstown, PA, 35-year-old EP Global Communications, Inc. is an integrated communications company providing information for families and professionals involved in the care and development of people with disabilities and special healthcare needs. EP uses a multi-media approach to disseminate information via: its publication, Exceptional Parent; Web site ([/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]http://www.eparent.com[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]); custom communications projects; the EP Library of disability books; live and on-line seminars and community outreach programs such as the national Disability Awareness Night (DAN) campaign developed through the EP Foundation for Education, a 501(C)3 company. Exceptional Parent Magazine has received many prestigious awards, including the 2000, 2001 and 2003 FOLIO: Gold Medal Awards for editorial excellence; and the New Freedom Award for Best Magazine & Web site in 2003 from the New Freedom Foundation. EP Global Communications, Inc. is not an affiliate or subsidiary of MassMutual and its affiliates.[/FONT][/FONT]

2. You have every right to be proud! What a great guy!

3. Thanks luilu!!! Hugs!

4. That is so cool! Tell him congrats, what a special honor!! I'm not a Redsox fan but I did get to see them win the World Series a few years back in St. Louis (Cards fan here!). Anyways, tell him to take in the moment, live it up, and ENJOY IT!!!

5. That gave me goose bumps. Thank God for your husband, and may he keep fighting the good fight. By the way, a great book written by a woman who is autistic is "Animals in Translation". It is remarkable.

Thank you for posting this, zacorey. This made my night.

6. That's amazing!! Congratulations! He really deserves this.

7. ^^^You guys are really so sweet! You made my night!!! I just love it here!!!

8. Congrats!! What an honor. Go sox!

p.s. -- what bag are you bringing to the game?

p.s.s. -- is theo epstein single?

9. Chi!!!:roflmfao: You're so funny- leave it to you!!!! I don't know if Theo is single but if he is I'll have him join the PF and look you up!!! :nuts: I'll bring my black work b/c of fear of getting any other color dirty at a baseball game!!!

10. That's excellent! Congrats!

11. wow! that is HUGE! How very cool to have this done at the game! What an honor. You should be very very proud! Please post pics!

clapsmiley.gif

12. Thank you very much!!! I will post pictures!

13. Truely inspiring!!

14. Congradulations! It is a wonderful honor!:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

15. Congratulations!! That's wonderful that he's being honored for his good work. It makes me happy to know that there are people out there like your husband! :smile: