My house got robbed yesterday.

Three words........SAFE DEPOSIT BOX. Laptops and bigger items can be replaced if insured. Pics, expensive jewelry, old home videos, and much smaller mementos should be protected in a safe deposit box. They cost little money per year and are well worth it. :yes: If you don't already have one, consider getting it as soon as possible. Good luck and I'm sorry for your loss. :sad:

I definitely feel for you as I just went through the same thing ... so sorry, I know it is hard but be thankful no one was home and no one was hurt.

People have given a lot of good advice, in my case, I did have things locked but when it is an inside job - no amount of security is going to help ...

I agree a bank is your best bet ... I definitely learned my lesson, no maids, no maintanence guys - nada. Locks have changed, alarm will be put in but the feeling of violation and loss, it will take time ... but it will be okay.

If you feel like talking send me pm anytime...

This happened in our house when I was a kid 8 times. It was always the neighborhood riff raff doing it. It sucked. They broke our windows and doors and stole so many things, things that are priceless, kwim? I hope they catch them and that you are able to recover, emotionally and your posesions soon.