My Hermes experience today!

Wow! Great story! This is the exact wallet I want, but in black or Cocoan. Love the Chevre!

I'm going to seriously covet your gold/pall Birkin when you get it! LOL! I can only hope to be as lucky as you and get on the list soon. I do think it's easier in Europe. Congrats again!!

Greentea said:
Wow! Great story! This is the exact wallet I want, but in black or Cocoan. Love the Chevre!

I'm going to seriously covet your gold/pall Birkin when you get it! LOL! I can only hope to be as lucky as you and get on the list soon. I do think it's easier in Europe. Congrats again!!

:biggrin: Thanks. I totally :love: my wallet now. It's just so soft. Also, even though it has a coin pocket, it's not bulky at all and so lightweight. I already put my stuff in it.

The only thing is that it only holds 5 cards. I guess my next purchase will be for the other cards :biggrin: Not because I have a lot of credit cards, but mostly cards for the grocery stores :lol:

La Vanguardia said:
:biggrin: Thanks. I totally :love: my wallet now. It's just so soft. Also, even though it has a coin pocket, it's not bulky at all and so lightweight. I already put my stuff in it.

The only thing is that it only holds 5 cards. I guess my next purchase will be for the other cards :biggrin: Not because I have a lot of credit cards, but mostly cards for the grocery stores :lol:

I was going to ask you about the bulkiness of it with coins. Glad to hear that it's still lightweight. Here's some Bearn wallet trivia. My SA explained that between each leather piece that you can see, there are at least 8-9 extremely thin pieces of leather inside and between them that you can't see! This makes them so strong. Also, at the H workshop in Pantin, it's the highly skilled WOMEN who make the Bearn wallets because they have smaller hands and can do the stitching properly!

La Vanguardia said:
I also hope I get the bag fast. It was really funny how the supposedly closed waitlist all of a sudden became open. I guess you just really have to chat with the SAs for a while and show you're interest.

I experienced something similar when I bought my Kelly two weeks ago. Prior to that purchase all I heard was that the waiting list was closed. ONce I bought the Kelly, suddenly the SA said she would put me on the list and call me when the kind of birkin I want comes in. I guess you have to show that you are a serious purchaser and not someone who is just getting on the list for kicks.

Everyone has a different story and a unique experience. My feeling is you can never say never and proof of that is what we have witnessed on the board. I mean look at Baggaholic...she wanted a blue jean birkina nd who would have ever thought it would have happened the way it did and so fast. I agree you just have to be kind and a serious purchaser.

Do you think the Garden Party comes in that color? I love that color!! it's so bold!! I love it :love: I hope you get that Birkin fast, the more you bug them the faster it will come, and as soon as one comes in they will think of you before somone on the list that was there before you. Just keep going in and it's always good to buy little things from them. I am going back that way when I get off work. I saw the prettiest Cyclamen Lizard skin agenda tht I just have to have, it was beautiful. I was on the run so I didn't have time to purchase it right there. It was on the window. I need that agenda! And I need the GC in that deep purple yu have. DREAMMY :love:

Thanks guys!

It's amazing how close I've become in relationship to the SA and store manager. I was there everyday this week.

They tell me it's my "new home". I got my champagne today before I even bought something.

I did buy yesterday a shawl and today I bought a scarf, bracelet and a bookmark.

My Birkin wasn't there but there was a JPG in black togo.

I also asked about croc and they said that croc bags don't like water. They said that even though crocs live in water, when it comes to bags it just doesn't work. So, they said that you have to know that whenever you buy croc you have to make sure to avoid rain because when a drop goes to your bag, then it will leave a mark forever. This is especially important for glazed croc... matte croc is not as bad.

Wow, that is a beautiful wallet! Purple is my ultimate favorite color since I was seven years old! Wow, I'm sure that will be with you for ages to come!!!! Congrats! How long is the waiting list usually for a bag?