My Handbags: Deals and Steals website

1. I'm not sure where the most appropriate place to post this is (mods, please help, if this isn't the right place).

Since I've gotten the okay from Vlad, I'm posting about my website:
    Handbags: Deals and Steals

It basically is my eBay watch list, and I only post authentic handbags on it. I try to list bags that are either super rare (and therefore justify retail/retail+ prices), or well under retail prices.

I will post my own auction listings of handbags from my personal collection from time to time there (with clear disclaimers that it's my handbags), but the purpose of the list is to post all the great handbag deals and steals I spot on eBay on a regular basis.

Currently, there are Balenciaga, Chanel, Chloe, Fendi, LV, and Marc Jacobs sections. Please let me know if there are designer brands I'm missing that you'd like to see added, and I will try to accommodate.

Right now I can only post 5 auctions per section (it's a limitation of the Squidoo site that host my website), so I list auctions according to "ending soonest" order and update daily. If I deem it necessary, I may add more than one section for a designer to accommodate more than 5 auctions.

I'm also thinking of adding a miscellaneous dumping ground for bags that are $500 and under. I spot so many great deals that are around $100-$300 all the time, that I would love to see go home to tpf'ers!

I'd love some feedback, so please check it out and let me know what you think! :idea:
  2. That is fantastic! I like the part at the beginning of the Fendi section, where you explain how much buyers can expect to pay for an authentic bag. I'm sure that those numbers can vary greatly, but it is interesting and kind of gives you a frame of reference. The only other section that I would be interested in is YSL. I have a hard time with their bags, and there are so many Muse fakes!

Thank you so much for the link! :flowers:
  3. Thanks for the feedback, Tami! :flowers:
    I'll add the YSL section soon. Unfortunately, most muse bags on eBay are fake. There are plenty of authentic mombasa, nadja, parisenne, spartan, and other eclectic lines available and I'll definitely post those because some of them are just beautiful. There's one authentic YSL double bag on ebay right now though, which is a really hot bag - it is like a soft muse shoulder/tote which is fully reversible (black/anthracite, chocolate/bronze).
  4. thanks for ths info.. was browsing already.. hehe.. thanks again..
  5. greendrv i have been checking your website all the time i was just going to pm you to say its very helpful! thank you :love:
  6. What a nice new site! Thanks for putting the effort and time in!
  7. Thanks so much for the effort. What a great idea!
  8. Thanks so much for creating this site.

Will you be adding a Gucci section later on? Thanks.
  9. LTV,
    I was thinking about adding a Gucci section (especially with the fabulous vintage Gucci deals on ebay), so since you've asked, I'll be sure to add it!
  10. Oh my goodness, thank you sooo much! This is wonderful, especially for those of us that aren't so great at differentiating between authentic and fake. :yes:
  11. This is awesome!! Thank you Greendrv. I'm going to have to bookmark this.
  12. Well, thank you! I'm so glad that the feedback is so positive.

I frequently find so many great handbag deals and can't possibly bid on them all, but keep them in my ebay watch list out of curiousity. When I discovered that I would be able to easily build a website that posted ebay auctions, then I thought it would be a perfect way to let other handbag enthusiasts in on the deals. If any of you do bid/win a handbag from the site, you know the rest of us tpf'ers would love to see pics once you get the bag to live vicariously through you! ;)
  13. This is great! Thanks so much! I will be checking back very often!
  14. I've added Gucci and YSL sections. Thanks for all the great feedback!
  15. Thanks Greendrv. I saw your link under the Fendi Forum before coming in here and I've already marked it as a favorite. I think it's a wonderful thing you've done for us novices and those looking for deals but want the authentic item. I was always looking under the authenticate this section to see what you had to say on certain forums and now I have one place to check on several items that you recommend. Thank you so much. Please keep it going.