My hairdresser ruined my bag

I'm glad you didn't bring a Louis! I think you should call them when the owner is there and let her know what happened and how disappointed you were and suggest they have another spot for you to put your bag next time.

whoops. I only read the first page when I posted my previous post. Hehe, I'm glad they're going to reimburse you but you should definitely go somewhere else next time... especially if the owner is snotty. Even if that's how she is, she should learn to be nice to her customers.

I work in a very high end salon in suburban D.C. area. Most stylists/colorists would have you put your bag up out of harms way, or in their cutting station. I am always very careful, because at my salon we will reimburse someone who has their property ruined by color.

Accidents always happen, I would always suggest leaving anything you would not want ruined at home. I never bring my high-end bags in when I get my hair or nails done.

Glad to see they are going to pay you for your bag. Regardless of where you go an get your hair done, keep in mind its YOUR bag you can you can put it on your lap under your cape. Its safe there and nothing can get at it.

Here's an update (sorry, I just got home to my computer after being out). The owner called me, as did the manager. The owner was rather snotty. She is not exactly a warm and fuzzy type - even though I've known her a long time, that's just her. They brought the bag to a leather/dry cleaner and was told it is ruined, as i figured. They offered to reimburse me for it. Now I have to see if I still have the receipt. It's 7 months old and I can't even find one on the Fossil website similiar. I know it was about $150 though and the manager (who is much nicer than the owner) told me that they will pay me even if I don't find the receipt. I told them that they might want to consider putting hooks or shelves at the stations for purses so people don't have to put them on the floor, which I mentioned to her that I've always cringed at anyhow, but she said, "Well, if someone asks, we will put it in the cabinet, but because of liablilty we don't want it out of your sight, so we have our clients put it on the floor next to them" Well, there goes their liability on this one, lol! As much as i like the stylist, I think I will go elsewhere from now on. Somewhere that has a safe place for my purse. OK, this is kinda funny - so tonight my dh and son and I went out to dinner. I had my speedy with me. I sat it on a seat next to me and every time the waitress came anywhere near that side of the table I grabbed it. She must have thought I was nuts. Just paranoid is all!

THANK YOU for everyone's replies and comforting comments. I appreciate tpf SO MUCH!

first of all.....all reputable salons we have here give us plastic bags to place our handbags in..then we seal them.....
i cant beleive they made u pay though!!!WHAT JERKS!
call the salon owner in the AM and tell her how pissed u r......make a stink

That is so SMART, Jill.:tup: Where do you live? I want to mention this to the girl who colors my hair (and maybe to the owner of the salon as well.) They have PLENTY of customers, including me, who carry VERY expensive bags with them to the salon.

i'm so sorry to hear it...i know it wasn't one of your lv's, but it sounds like you really enjoyed having that bag and it perhaps had some sentimental value...i hope it all works out in the end! *hugs!*

Wow that is awful. I wouldnt have paid, I would have said go call the owner. The good thing is that you have a long relationship with this owner so if she is a smart business woman she will pay you for your bag or give you your next $240 service for free. She has to do something for you though. Good Luck!

I am glad things worked out for you. I never take my Louis anywhere like a hair salon, party where drinks and food are served, there are small children, or a smoky Tex Mex restaurant or something. I am paranoid about my four L.V. bags and their accessories, a littly 'nutty' actually, but it has paid off. They are all in great shape, and I don't care what anyone thinks, they give me way too much pleasure to risk someone spoiling one.

I am hoping to get a suhali bag and wallet as a belated Xmas presant, and there is a good chance they will live very sheltered lives, perhaps seldom seeing the light of day.

We all have our little obsessions.

Baggers

I'm glad that they did, too!! My mom came home the other day after getting her hair colored and I was talking to her from a different room and came in and saw that that she had a BIG spot on the back of her favorite pink sweater (she had gone from lunch, otherwise she wears clothes she doesn't care about, just in case!), and I screamed when i saw it! Fortunately I saw it before it had set in and she was able to get it out! But, I'm so glad they're reimbursing you, hopefully you will be able to find a similar bag!!:smile:

im a lil shocked. i just assumed that people in business would automatically compensate you since they were at fault. Shouldnt there be a policy for that? Would you even be able to talk to your friend when she gets back? because i would think that there is some reprecussion for that.