My H-H Gift Certificate Buys!

1. Amazingly, I won second prize in the recent tpf contest to estimate the number of candies in the containers (Many thanks to Megs, Vlad and Hayden-Harnett!)

Unfortunately, I missed the sale (too slow in deciding), oh well.

I got the Hudson Triple-Strap Satchel in Persian Rose.

Now, a little story about the second bag I purchased (BTW they haven't arrived yet):

My best friend has had so much illness and misfortune over the past 6 years; She battled breast cancer (and so far is cancer-free for almost 6 years). But one year after her recovery, her DH was diagnosed with bone cancer and he did not win his battle, leaving her a widow at 42. Money problems followed his death, she had to sell her home, very much downsize, etc.

So I told her to pick a bag for herself with the remaining money on the gift certificate. She couldn't believe it! I had to assure her that I wasn't kidding.

She picked the Mercer Satchel in Vintage Black. I am so happy for her!

2. It was very sweet of you to share your prize. I'm sure she will love her bag.

3. Chessmont, that story is beautiful!!! Your friend is very lucky and fortunate to not only be a survivor but to have such a wonderful friend!!! Can't wait to see the pics when everything arrives. Congrats again!

4. Congratulations on winning the certificate! What a great friend you are to share this!! You've given us a great reminder about caring and sharing. Many kudos to you!

You two ladies will be strutting in style!!

5. Great story, great bag, and GREAT friend!!

6. oh, how wonderful of you to share your good luck with your friend. I hope you both enjoy your bags!

7. that was really sweet of you!!!! :heart: congrats on the purchases, post pics when you can!!!!

8. Very sweet of you!! And such a great bag to boot!

9. Chessmont, that is a beautiful story...you are a true friend :flowers:.....

10. awww.. you're too sweet and an awesome gal pal to boot! congratulations on winning the prize. enjoy the HH bags!

11. Congratulations on your prize! What a wonderful thing for you to do for your friend! :tup:

12. Thank you for sharing that story with us! It definitely put a smile on my face after having a long, not so great day.

13. Wow! You are such a great friend for thinking of her and sharing your prize with her. She's lucky to have you and I'm sure in return it made you smile to see her happy.

14. :love: AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW! That made me smile. Best wishes to you and your friend. :flowers:

15. That is so great. You are a very kind and generous person. I hope you both enjoy your bags! Good luck to your friend. She must have gone through a really difficult time.