My H-H Gift Certificate Buys!

chessmont

O.G.
Aug 22, 2006
Amazingly, I won second prize in the recent tpf contest to estimate the number of candies in the containers (Many thanks to Megs, Vlad and Hayden-Harnett!)

Unfortunately, I missed the sale (too slow in deciding), oh well.

I got the Hudson Triple-Strap Satchel in Persian Rose.

Now, a little story about the second bag I purchased (BTW they haven't arrived yet):

My best friend has had so much illness and misfortune over the past 6 years; She battled breast cancer (and so far is cancer-free for almost 6 years). But one year after her recovery, her DH was diagnosed with bone cancer and he did not win his battle, leaving her a widow at 42. Money problems followed his death, she had to sell her home, very much downsize, etc.

So I told her to pick a bag for herself with the remaining money on the gift certificate. She couldn't believe it! I had to assure her that I wasn't kidding.

She picked the Mercer Satchel in Vintage Black. I am so happy for her!

Chessmont, that story is beautiful!!! Your friend is very lucky and fortunate to not only be a survivor but to have such a wonderful friend!!! Can't wait to see the pics when everything arrives. Congrats again!

Congratulations on winning the certificate! What a great friend you are to share this!! You've given us a great reminder about caring and sharing. Many kudos to you!

You two ladies will be strutting in style!!

Wow! You are such a great friend for thinking of her and sharing your prize with her. She's lucky to have you and I'm sure in return it made you smile to see her happy.