My Graffiti Speedy smells like mothballs, what should I do?

1. Help! I just purchased a Graffiti Speedy and I love it, it's authentic and in super shape BUT it has this smell--kind of mothbally stale--the inside is pristine. I don't want to return it, but is there anything I could try to freshen it up? Will fresh air help it fade?
    Thanks in advance for any advice

2. try putting an open box of baking soda in it, and zip the bag shut. that might work. or try crumpling up some newspaper and stuffing it inside the bag...

3. OK!!! The exact same thing happened to me and MY graffiti speedy!!! Here is what you do:
    1. Turn the bag COMPLETELY inside out!!! But do it carefully!!!
    2. After you turned it inside out, SOAK it with Febreeze and leave it to dry (pereferaly outside in the sun).
    3. Repeat as many times necessary!
    Mine smells nice and fresh now after several hours of drying outside!!! I did it in the summer on a hot summer day.

4. turn it inside out, spray febreeze on the lining and let it air out outside.

Irene here did that and said it worked out fine.

5. THANK YOU so much, ladies. I'm going to try all of the above!

6. I also use Febreeze dryer inserts (lavendar scent)--they really do the trick!

7. try putting fabric softener in the bag and leaving it outside all day.

8. 1) Takes abt 3days to absorb the smell - teabags (3 satchets)
    2) Charcoal but I guess that's only feasible if you have one of those socks that can keep the dirt in. (This is a GUARANTEED smell absorbent in Asia)

9. CML, you found one!!! Congratulations!!! There's also X-O Odor Neutralizer. It's used as a skunk remedy and can be found in the pet store.

10. Cat litter also works at absorbing the smell! Pour it in a bag...put the bag in the purse and close the purse up (leave the kitty litter bag open). In a couple days the litter should absorb all the smell.

11. Give it a few days of airing it out and other stuff that was mentioned above. It should go away.

12. my Speedy 30 reeks - like super old smell (20 odd years old, but still in great shape)
    I cant turn it inside out - its too tight and small -
    how, oh how can I get that smell out ??