My First Post and First LV!

1. Hey Everyone!! This is my first post, and I just bought my first LV bag 2 weeks ago! I got the Mono Deauville, love it!! Even tho it is only 2 weeks old and I treat it like a newborn child:love: the handles have gotten a tiny bit dirty and it's driving me crazy! So, what can I do to clean them, or treat them? How long until it will patina if I use it everyday? Also, I got the ID tag hot stamped, do you think it's cute to keep it on the bag at all times? Thanks!!:smile:
  2. congrats, i love the deauville!!!
  3. Congrats, enjoy!
  4. I don't clean the handles if it's just normal wear and tear. But, the other day my daughter got chocolate frosting on the handles of my Manhattan and I used a baby wipe and it took it right off but left the leather a little dark.

The patina can take a while. I, personally don't like the patina and so, I try to keep it away from the sun as much as possible. If you want it to come sooner than later take it out with you (in the sun) and it should be here in no time.
  5. Congrats and welcome! We want pictures! :flowers:
  6. Thanks for the tips! I'm undecided about the patina. I like the new look, but if it's patina'ed (Sp?) then I feel like it might hide the dirt better. hmmm...
  7. Congrats...i got mine last week and it hasn't seen the light of day It has been raining cats and dogs here. The SA said no rain for the first 3-4 weeks. Plus I am going to put some protectant on it. pics.
  8. Ooo ok I will post pics once I get home!!
  9. oh my gosh! I was in the rain the first few days! But I was a dork and I would put it in the dust bag to go to and from my car or house haha
  10. Welcome! :flowers:

If you do a search for Apple or Shining Monkey, you will find a lot of threads on treating the vachetta. :yes:

Congrats on a gorgeous first LV! I can't wait to see pics of it on you!
  11. Hahaha. I make my husband give me his jacket and I put it over my bag and then I run in the house.
  12. Some ladies carry plastic bags in the LVs just in case of rain. :yes:
  13. Hi there!! Welcome to the forum!! Congrats on your new bag. As far as the dirt, I would just leave it alone, or try to rub it in with a DRY cloth. That's what I have done in the past. The patina starts within 3 weeks or so, so it will blend right in in about a month!
  14. Welcome and congrats!!! I got the Mono Deauville in Feb. and LOVE, LOVE it!!! I keep my tag first I thought it looked sort of odd as the purse wasn't 'broken in' and I thought it stuck out and looked weird as opposed to lying flat against the bag...within a few days it settled down I think it would look odd (to me) w/out it.

I'm gonna absolutely have to stop buying bags and break down for a digital camera so I can post some pics (arrgghh)
  15. I was the same way with the camera, I kept putting it off, and then I bought one for my honeymoon and now I couldn't live without it! I use it every week for something! And you can get a good camera for pretty inexpensive nowadays