My first Mulberry! (kite reveal)

obscurity7

Aug 14, 2016
It's almost as though it flew in here on the wind. (that's a hint)

Kite Reveal 01 sm.jpg
The bag was remarkably well preserved given it had been shipped across 3000 miles in vans of dubious safety.

Kite Reveal 03 sm.jpg
Then came the "undressing" of the bag from its various layers of packaging. Thank goodness the spare bedroom still had some remnants of sunlight!

Kite Reveal 04 sm.jpg
And finally, here she is! My midnight blue small kite tote! She's amazingly light on her own, and the leather is STUNNING. The double handles are incredibly well thought through in terms of how many different ways you can carry the bag. I will probably look into getting some kind of liner to give her a bit more structure. The leather is soft, and will definitely need it as time goes on. Can't wait to take her out!

Thank you to everyone who gave me advice and sent me to various SA's that were all lovely to work with.

Thanks everyone!

Meant to ask, is it Suede lined?
No, it's definitely microfibresuedey type stuff. On the one hand, that makes it feel almost a little too thin... but it also makes it very light, so it's great for folks that don't want to carry around a heavy bag, but need something more than a mini in terms of space. If you want a bit more heft and structure, go for the croc embossed, which I handled at the store.

Thanks everyone!

No, it's definitely microfibresuedey type stuff. On the one hand, that makes it feel almost a little too thin... but it also makes it very light, so it's great for folks that don't want to carry around a heavy bag, but need something more than a mini in terms of space. If you want a bit more heft and structure, go for the croc embossed, which I handled at the store.

Thanks, croc oxblood isn't in store at the moment, was it reduced do you know?

Thanks, croc oxblood isn't in store at the moment, was it reduced do you know?
The croc kite in the store was reduced down to ... I want to say somewhere in the mid-700s. The one I got from the outlet was mid-600s.

Actually!! The SA told me their oxblood kite was being shipped to the outlet this week. If you have a contact at the outlet, you should definitely see if they know it's coming and get a jump on it. :smile:

Thanks midnight I think is in the sale store in Westfield UK for around £420 and oxblood was still £720 ish I think but in quarantine - maybe they are going to the outlets here soon

Thanks for the heads up