My first LV wallet marks the end of LV for me

UPDATE: LV sent me an SMS to inform me that it was not a quality problem,but they will change the slider for me...and I have to wait for awhile for the replacement.

I have a compact wallet with a zipper all around. I used that for 3-4 years and the zipper is still shiny.

I have to add that the quality of LV seemed to be slipping recent years.

Thanks, I figured as much. It just kind of bugs me that the zipper was already scratched when I bought it and I didn't notice.

Is the pull made of solid brass? Is there is a way I can polish it to take some of them out and shine it up or will it do more harm than good?

The zippers and zipper pulls on LV wallets are just coated metal. They will turn completely silver over time and the coating will completely chip off. It happened to my zippy which I gave to me daughter in only 8 months' time. I will never buy another LV wallet with any type of zipper on it. The quality is extremely shoddy.

The zippers and zipper pulls on LV wallets are just coated metal. They will turn completely silver over time and the coating will completely chip off. It happened to my zippy which I gave to me daughter in only 8 months' time. I will never buy another LV wallet with any type of zipper on it. The quality is extremely shoddy.

Thanks charleston-mom. I love the wallet, but when I got home from the store and started inspecting it, it almost looked like a zipper pull that had been taken off an older wallet and put on my new one!

What I don't understand is that I called them and told them it was scuffed up and they told me to polish it with brass polish. If it's not solid brass why would they tell me to polish it myself? :confused1: They also told me that if I tried to polish it and it didn't work I could bring it back, so they must not think that it would mess it up?