My First LV! Red Epi Jasmin!

1. Hi everyone, I wanted to share my first LV purchase! Red is my favorite color. :love:

I'd only seen the red/silver jasmin before and I really liked it. But today the LV store happened to have the red/gold -- when I saw it, I was in love!

I have a question about the metal buckles that connect to the handles -- on my red/gold one, 2 of the metal buckles are rectangles and 2 extend to a longer, rounded top (see the closeup I attached). The SA said this was for attaching a strap to the bag.

The store also had a red/silver jasmin and all 4 metal buckles were rectangles. Is this an older style? I didn't ask the SA but I peeked at the date code and it looked like it was Feb 05. I kind of like the uniform look. Does anyone know why it's different?

P8190425.JPG P8190427.JPG
  2. Congratulations for your first (and beautiful) purchase! I love the jasmin! Silver is actually the new hardware that comes with the red epi jasmin. Anyway, enjoy your bag!

3. sorry i don't know the answer to your question. i just wanted to say congrats on your beautiful bag! :love: i love the gold hardware better too.

4. Congrats!
    The Red is such a striking colour and IMO the nicest out ot the epi colours!
    Your bag is gorgeouse!
    Enjoy and thanx for posting!
    xxxRosexxx

5. The red epi is one of the other materials I am lusting after--that bag is gorgeous! I have my eye on a red Soufflot that I saw on eBay, but am unsure if I want to pay that much for an eBay bag.

6. You made a Great choice with the red Jasmin. When they changed all the hardware to palladium, the metal styling changed to uniform rectangles with rounded corners (for all epi's). I have the silver/red Jasmin and it's funny because i was actually disppointed they made it all uniform.

7. Your red Jasmin is gorgeous! Congrats!

8. Beautiful!!! Love the color

9. Congrats!
    I have the Mandarin and mine also has those longer extended rectangles. Could just be a recent change but I'm not sure.

10. Gorgeous bag, congrats!

11. stunning bag..congrats and welcome to PF

12. congrats. it's such a beautiful bag, you made a great choice.

13. what an awesome purchase! Congrats! It looks fab.

14. Wow, it's gorgeous! Epi in red is just so beautiful! Congratulations!

15. I LOVE that bag! What a great first LV! :yahoo: