My first LV bag-speedy-some question-pls help

1. Hi everyone
    I am about to buy my 1st LV bag and I am beside myself with excitement, I live and breath LV lol, I just LOVE LV.
    Anyway, I am thinking of getting the monogram speedy 25 or 30.
    My questions are, is the bag able to handle everything I put in it i.e: wallet, phone, keys, diary, makeup bag, pen, ipod, sunglasses....the reason I ask is that I am worried the stiching may not hold as it doesn't look that sturdy, sorry if that doesn't make sense, I am not explaining myself well here....um, I am hoping the stiching plus thew one stud will stay intact with all that I put in my bag?
    Also would you consider the speedy to be the LV classic bag? A bag that will go with anything, casual, dressy, day/night?
    The other bag I also want to get is the multicolore pouchette.
    What do you all think?
    Thanks for listening! [​IMG]

2. The 30 will definately hold everything you want! I don't recommend the 25 considering all that you plan to carry. And yes I bet most will agree that the speedy is "THE classic" design. You can wear it with pretty much anything and can go from day to night. However, I never really thought of it as a dressy bag!?! Just my opinion.

3. Thanks so much for your reply, much appreciated ;)

4. No problem! Half the fun in buying new bags is finding what you want!:graucho:

5. I love speedies, especially the 25. Although I have the White MC and the Mirage w/c are both 30. If they came in 25, I would've bought those instead. Anyhoo, the 25 is good enough size for me....1st b/c I'm only 5'2 100 pounds and the 30 kinda looks too big on me. 2nd, the 25 holds everything I need - kinda the same as what you put in your purse.

Also, don't be fooled w/ how the speedies look. They are very sturdy, well made purses. They can hold a lot of things and take the beating.

6. I wouldn't recommend the Speedy for dressier occasions, but it sure can hold a lot, take a ton of wear and still look amazing! It's great for everyday and is just so pratical.

From hearing about people purchasing the Speedy, more tend to like the 30 better than the 25.

And, of course it's a classic bag! Many fashion people in fashion have been seen carring this bag over the past 50 years.

7. can i ask whether a bottle of 500ml mineral water can go into speedy 25?? :smile:

8. I am tall, 5"11 :smile:
    Thanks so much everyone for your replies, much appreciated, I think I have made the right choice then :smile:

9. Hi LVgirl and welcome to TPF! I think the 30 would suit you perfectly, especially at 5'11 (lucky you, I always wanted to be model tall!). I love mine! It is very sturdy and a true classic!

10. Thanks oo_let_me_see :smile:

11. i bought the mono speedy 25 last week and i love it. I am only 5'2 so the size is perfect for me. you could put a lot of things in a 25. for me, i think if i got a 30, it would be too bulky and heavy. but you're tall so 30 will probably be ok. i also think this style, you can carry it casually or dressy. but the smaller one is probably more suitable with dressy clothes. but i will 100% recommend the speedy.:tup:

12. I'm 5'2 and I have the speedy 30~
    I think the 25 is a bit small for me.. and plus I like to carry a lot of things sometimes and the 30 is just so easy to get stuff in and out of..
    From what I heard the 25 isn't as big of an opening to reach in and get stuff out of easily~ and the 30 is just so roomy! It has great potential growing power! xD

13. I purchased the 25 first and then found myself wishing I'd picked up the 30 instead so I went and got the 30.

14. the speedy is definitely classic, so no worried there...and I do not think that the stitching will come undone unless you throw a bowling ball in it. and i think the 30 is better for you...i personally prefer the 25 but i carry a little less than you do and it all fits perfectly. good luck!

15. Speedy 30 holds waaaaay more than it looks like it would! And it is so light - I can even hold it with my pinky if I need to (well maybe not when it is fully loaded)! Go for it!