My First Hermes Scarf Purchase

1. I’ve been on an assignment to Eastern Europe for the majority of the Summer and this meant total shopping withdrawal - no end of summer sales, no boxes being delivered and hid from DH, NOTHING!! Upon doing some research on my connection airport for my return home, I discovered there was an “H” store in the Vienna airport. My mind did flips, somersaults, cartwheels, everything. As far as I was concerned, me being the shopping addict I am meant that I could really treat myself to something nice for being in the dreadful place I had been. I departed early yesterday morning and if I could have flown the plane myself, I would have done so, believe me. That was the longest 3.5 hours I have ever experienced in my life when it comes to shopping. Anyway, I got to the Airport went to Ferragamo first, placed a belt on hold and ran to “H” as if I had stolen something from Ferragamo. I tried on several scarves for an hour or so and once I made my scarf decision, I felt even cockier and asked about scarf rings. Picked out a scarf ring that was a new design and the SA even stated it was one of the first that came w/a pouch for storage. I ran to the counter to pay since time was becoming an issue if I wanted to get back to the US on my scheduled flight. I had a “HUGE” smile as I walked out of the store with one hour to spare before my flight departure. Got my VAT paperwork stamped but when I got to the refund line, I ended up behind this dreadful woman who had over 20 refund receipts and she was giving the person a hard time about how she was doing her job. By this time, I only had 30 mins to make my flight. Needless to say, I begged for an envelope to submit my refund paperwork once I got back to the US because there was no way I was missing my flight back to the US and not see my DH nor dog whom I had not seen for a long time.

Without further delay here is my “Projects Carres” in Rose and the scarf ring. Also, the SA gave me a book on how to tie a scarf and also “Knotting Cards” which is like a deck of cards that show different ways to tie a scarf as well. I can see this first purchase is one of several more to come.

Enjoy the photos……
    e-bay photos 003.jpg e-bay photos 004.jpg e-bay photos 006.jpg e-bay photos 007.jpg
  3. Thankyou for sharing your very pretty H scarf with us, I love this colourway and design. You're right you are on the H road now and this will be first of many. Love the scarf ring too, I've not seen this one yet so will investigate next time I'm in store. Enjoy!
  4. My kind of shopping! Good for you! Where did they send you that was so awful? Azerbaijan?
    Congrats on your beautiful scarf and scarf ring!
  5. Nice! Congrats!
  6. I have the exact same scarf and it's my first H scarf too. We’re “Projects Carres” twin!!! And the funny part is I bought mine last week at the airport as well just before I boarded my flight out on a business trip. I had so much fun in H I almost missed the flight too. LOL. My only grouse is that the SA never gave me any booklet or “knotting cards”. Had I knew I would have asked. No joy.

And I need one of those scarf ring too.
  7. Congrats on your first H Scarf:smile:
  8. Congratulations!
  9. Enjoy, congrats, and love your scarf and story! Welcome!
  10. very pretty.
    Nice Choice !
  11. Congrats on your beautiful H purchases! You'll have to post some action shots wearing the scarf and ring. Glad you made your flight and are home safe and sound!
  12. CONGRATS! great scarf. it's a fabulous design. and scarf rings are so useful!
  13. Congrats on your new scarf and scarf ring!!!! Enjoy~~
  14. Congrats!!
  15. sfennell, Congrats!! I've seen other members purchase this pattern as well. It is a gorgeous scarf. :smile: