My first Dior bag - but I am not sure about keeping it...

sbk212

Oct 29, 2006
I was so excited when I received my Dior Vinyl Cannage Shoulder Bag in Burgandy today! Ordered from Saks and the other item in my order is a Jimmy Choo Mahala Liquid Patent Satchel in Plum.

I thought there would be enough of a color difference (Plum vs. Burgandy - hmmm), well there WAS NOT. The two are almost identical in color.

I really like the Jimmy Choo (it is very close to the color I thought it would be) and I really like the Dior, but it is not the color I thought it would be. I was expecting to see more red, not so much purple.

I am torn :confused1:

I am thinking maybe I should return it and get a Burberry Patent Beaton in Berry Red - only problem with this is that I would have to see if my SA could order one for me since there are none in store.

Attached is a pic - the Dior is beautiful, but I think I like the Jimmy Choo better. The pics were taken very quickly and I did not pose the bags or use a flash (took it with my iPhone, so the pic is not that great).

Please post away with opinions.

eta: I posted under Jimmy Choo as well so I could get more feedback.

Attachments

• choo dior.jpg
    choo dior.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 139
I love the color of the dior, that color is just stunning no matter what the style.

They are both nice but I am partial to the cannage.

I don't envy having to make the decision of which one to keep.

You can get the Cannage in red, I think I saw it at NM. You might see if your SA can get it for you. I love the shape of the Mahala, but I am not a fan of the liquid patent. If you love it, that is what is important. Keep the one you like and if that is the Mahala, you can find cannages in other colors.