My first Chloe! Paddington capsule satchel - Need advice...

Hi there

Sorry to hear your saga with the deparment store people etc. It's horrible to be spoken to rudely isn't it.

Looking at the pic of your bag - I think you should be very happy regardless of the outcome with the key.

The original paddington keys & locks can be used in a functional way... The capsule style lock & chain that you have, seems to be more decorative - I don't think you'd ever want to take the lock off anyway would you?

And if I was personally looking to buy this bag - a missing key wouldn't deter me. A missing lock is more of a deal breaker.

So, if it doesn't work out with getting a key - I still think you got a good deal and they key isn't a necessity... Good luck & I hope you continue lovin the bag :P

I just read this in the ATC forum from JenLovesBags:

"Last time I checked, Padlocks are $150 and keys are $75 ($50 w/o strap.) Be prepared to wait several weeks...
You can order through a Chloe boutique. But, bring your bag with you"

So you can still get your key... just may have to wait until you are traveling to a place there is a Chloe boutique!

Either way, the bag is beautiful, though I know you probably want it to be "complete".

you guys are so amazing! :smile: I feel so much better knowing that I *can* get the key if I want to at some point in the future.

thanks for feeling my pain and for letting me vent about my annoying Saks experience. seriously, this forum is the best!!!

Btw, great news! I got a shipping confirmation email for my dustbag! Woo!!!!!! I can't wait to store my baby in style! :tup: The pics just do not do the bag justice!:P