My first Chanel

1. I am really more of a Gucci girl. But I have been debating for several months now whether or not to invest in a Chanel bag. I must admit that the price tags scare me a little. Some of them are more than my mortgage. But I have decided to go ahead and get it over with and treat myself with my tax return. But I have no idea which one to get. I want a contemporary black quilted style with silver chain. Which one(s) for under $2,000 do you recommend? Also, should I get it from here in the US (Neimans or Chanel Boutique) or should I wait until I go to Italy in a few weeks and get it there? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

2. have you perused the Reference Library?
    Check out the Cotton Club and the Grand or Petit Shopping Totes.

3. I was just going to suggest you check out the shopping totes. :yes:

4. how about a black med/lg. classic flap with silver hardware? it's a gorgeous bag!

5. i would def. reccomend a classic flap! so pretty!

6. If you want a regular Chanel..go for a flap.Personally I like MORE contemporary Chanel..Like the Soft Chain....Cotton Club..etc..It has a bit more boldness to it

7. all the suggestions by the ladies have been great! the flap is so iconic and classic that you can't go wrong, and i think the cotton club ligne is fab too.
    if you can wait, i think you'd save more $ by buying in italy. the dollar is weaker now and plus, i believe you get that VAT refund.