My First Chanel - jumbo flap or kelly

I am just the opposite, I prefer hand held bags - but both are TDF!

which do YOU prefer, shoulder or hand held???

I'd never really considered a hand held until I bought my first LV last year - it's a Deauville (see my avatar). Love the bag, but yes, there have been a few outings where I really wish I had both of my hands free. The Deauville is quite heavy though (and larger), and the Kelly is pretty light... I guess what I'm saying is, I prefer a shoulder to a hand held, but I could make do with a light hand held. :smile: Yes, I'm talking in circles. :smile:

Ooooh--tough decision!!!

The jumbo flap is a classic, practical bag that you can use for day as well as a casual evening. The size is perfect for carrying a lot of stuff, and you can carry it on your shoulder, which is handy. It's caviar leather, which is both durable and beautiful. It's black, which is a great color! I can't think of any negatives when it comes to the jumbo flap!

The Kelly, well, it's gorgeous. I should confess right now that it's one of the bags I really, really want, so being objective is difficult. The style is so classy and feminine. This bag is also caviar leather, which is great! The only thing that might be a factor is the fact that it doesn't have a shoulder strap, which limits its use somewhat--shopping with it could be more challenging.

If you can afford both, I would consider that!!! You have some gorgeous bags!!! If you want to make a practical choice, I suggest choosing the jumbo flap.

Could you keep both, and then sell some other lesser used bag to alleviate some of the "guilt" you are feeling? That is what I would try to do. The flap and the Kelly are so different...such different vibes. But, I think you'd regret selling either of them. My vote is to sell something else, so you can keep both of them.

I really love the Kelly so I would say "keep both" if at all possible and postpone any purchases til next season (or next 'can't live without it!') to alleviate the guilt. But if not, I would say keep the jumbo flap -- perfect bag -- and then treat yourself later to reward your restraint! :smile: