My first Chanel...and I'm hooked!

QuirkyCool

Quirky and Cool
Mar 20, 2006
I went to the Chanel store in Amsterdam yesterday totally set on buying a jumbo classic flap bag with silver hardware.

When i tried it on,I knew it was just wrong.

The gold looked better on me,and I may get that in a year or so's time...they'll fortunately always make them....but I found the gold just a bit too bright,yellow,shiny and blingey for me.

The reissue,on the other hand,had caught me eye immediately. They still had a grey in size 266 and two blacks.

I tried the black one and was hooked immediately. I wear a whole lot of black,olive green,grey...and then strangely enough,dusty pinks and blues. But i preferred the black to the grey,for me.It'll go with most of my wardrobe and the quaint,worn,vintagey look ,the pallor of the gold and the relatively low bling factor (not to mention the absence of logos) did it for me!!

So here are some bad pics,unfortunately. light gone,used flash.bag actually contained purse,lipstick,brush,artificial sweeteners,inhaler and tiny compact when pic taken!

I love this bag and it has not left my side since I got it!!!

Attachments

• chanel1.jpg
    chanel1.jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 162
  • chanel2.jpg
    chanel2.jpg
    152.9 KB · Views: 162
  • chanel3.jpg
    chanel3.jpg
    214.6 KB · Views: 130
  • chanel4.jpg
    chanel4.jpg
    158 KB · Views: 90
It's quite literally the PERFECT bag! Exactly as you say, Quirky. I've got it in grey and I love it - I'm a jeans, t-shirt kinda gal with days of dressing up and quite a nice collection of antique jewelry that I wear a piece of every day of my life and this bag goes with EVERYTHING! Congrats!