My first Birkin... Rouge H Chamonix

1. Here she is... FINALLY! :yahoo:

[​IMG]

After months of waiting, I got my Birkin 35 2 days ago. I would call the Fendi forum my 'home base' at the PF, but it's about time that I really venture out. I've posted here a couple of times and the ladies here are really nice. :yes:

(Before I continue if I make any mistakes it's cos I am a total H-n00b, so feel free to point it out if I make a mistake! :push:smile:

So this is my Birkin, size 35, in colour Rouge H, Palladium hardware, Chamonix leather. I was researching in the reference library and from what I could tell the Chamonix leather is the least durable? I think it is awesome though. It just looks SO SILKY... :love: I absolutely love it, and the full leather lining... this bag is my favourite bag ever! :nuts: And that means a lot cos I absolutely love the spy bag and nothing has ever taken my attention away from it!

I should have taken some modelling pics, but forgot my camera when I was out the other night. It was so romantic. Was by the Yarra River in Melbourne, Birkin in hand... it was just magical! :girlsigh: I totally understand why you can't just have 1 Birkin. They just done exist on their own...

I'm only 23 but I must say this is such a classy bag, and I would carry it any day every day without hesitation! Haha... something tells me I will be very broke in the future! Just got the keys to my 1st home yesterday and I am already tempted to have a special section in my wardrobe that is high enough for my Birkin to be stored and displayed!! :wlae:

IMG_4319.JPG IMG_4317.JPG IMG_4318.JPG IMG_4321.JPG
  2. BEAUTIFUL, KAV!!!!! Rouge H is a glorious color on Box or Chamonix (well, on everything actually!) I think this was an excellent choice for your first venture out into the world of Hermes! And WELCOME!!!!

3. OMG this is just so beautiful!! I love chamonix and rouge H. Stunning photos. Congrats! I want to reach out to the photos and touch them. If only I had gotten my first Birkin at 23...!

4. OMG! That is gorgeous! IT is one of my most favorite combinations! Congratulations and enjoy!!!!!

5. That's a TDF Birkin! I don't think Chamonix as the least durable leather although it is more prone to scratches unlike grain textured leather. It will get a very nice patina after use.

Out of curiousity & if you don't mind me asking, did you purchase this bag from H store? I'm actually wanting to get one myself. It's one of my grail bags!

6. It's Gorgeous! Was this an Hermes Boutique Special Order, or did you get it from a reseller? In any event, it is Beautiful!!!. By the way, you deserve special congrats on buying your first home at 23!!!:woohoo: That is a HUGE accomplishment! Sounds like you won't have to worry about being broke in the future! You deserve the splurge. You made a great choice. I wish I had been that focused when I was 23. I was still partying and trying to "find out who I was" :rochard:. If I had only listened to my parents. Wait, did I just say that outloud? Ha!

7. That is one gorgeous Birkin!! I love the green plants over there in Australia!!

8. All my friends know I hate red, but I need to try new things some time don't I? It's not that I look bad in red, just not a preference. Besides it's Hermes, they have nice red tones... Love the Rouge H... :heart: I actually think it looks good on me, what an 'up-myself' thing to say! :graucho:

Here are more pics of the bag in the sun. I love the leather and the colour, so stunning! Sorry for the swooning... You have to forgive me ladies, I am smitten! :girlsigh: And a complete H-n00b as I said before. I am sure you have all seen this Birkin before... :p

IMG_4320.JPG IMG_4321.JPG IMG_4322.JPG
  9. Spectacular!!! Gorgeous color...love the leather choice!!!

10. This is probably the most accurate photo of the colour...

[​IMG]

It isn't as bright red in normal light. Reminds me of my blueberry spy which has purple undertones and looks stunning in the light. Hope you all enjoy the pics! :smile:

11. OMG!!! Beautiful, just beautiful. Love the rouge, one of my fav H colors. What a stunning first H bag, congrats.

12. Lovely! Congratulations, and welcome to the Orange side. Prepare to submit to the seduction!

13. Beautiful...absolutely beautiful!

14. Thanks everyone for your sweet words! You sure do reply quick here! ;)

pursenality and Drew'sgirl this was actually a gift from my mum. It was purchased at an H store, as for whether it was a special order no idea. When it was purchased, I am not sure. But I have been waiting at least 5-6 months for it. Didn't want to have it posted cos she was overseas and customs into Australia and insurance would have cost me some 4 digit number. Drew'sgirl I'm actually really blessed to have great parents. The bag and the home wouldn't have happened without them. In the future I will do the same for my kids and help them out. I love my parents to bits... even without all the material things. :heart:

15. I never knew about the patina... But that's a good thing! I reckon it makes the bag look so much better. I have a lot to learn here! :graucho: