My feet itch after pedicure!!!!!!!!

1. I got a pedicure 2 days ago and ever since then the bottom soles of my feet have been itching like crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There is nothing visible, it just itches sometimes especially when my feet are wet or when the urge comes...:push:

They itched even more when I stepped in the bathtub with warm/hot water running.

I found myself scratch underneath my damn feet and this has never happened before until after I got that pedicure.

I saw her "sanitize" the foot spa with antibacterial SOAP w/ a scour pad after my pedi was over....does that even meet the regulations of disinfecting???? Usually at other nail spas I see them spray with clorox spray...

:cursing:

Any opinions or suggestions? :shrugs:

--oh yeah, this is on BOTH feet..not just 1.

2. the biggest source of germs in those foot tubs is the drain, not the tub itself. I would keep a close eye on it and if it doesn't get better, see a dr.

3. Did they remove a lot of callous on the bottoms of your feet? If so, could that maybe be what's causing the itching? Otherwise, I suppose you could have gotten some kind of fungal infection or something (sorry). I'd wait a few days and see what happens. Also, you could try soaking your feet in Epsom salt and see if that helps.

If it doesn't clear up by the end of the week you should really see your doc.

I got a pedicure this past Friday and the girl who did it (not the normal girl I go to) nailed the side of my foot with the pumice block. It hurt really bad when she did it but it wasn't until yesterday that I really saw the damage. I have a 1" gouge on my foot but it's red all around the gouge about the size of a 50 cent piece. I am not happy and a little worried about that, myself.

4. Ahh..indeeed...she DID do the calus removing thing. She spread it all over the bottom of my feet, and bagged it up..then after a few mins she used the pumice stone & scrubbed my feet.

I'm gonna try the epsom salt soak. Hopefully that will help!

I always get calus remover and this is the first time it actually has an after-itch-effect. :sweatdrop:

Sorry to hear about the damage on ur foot. :push: That sounds painful!!!

5. Yeah, I bet it's the callus stuff! Sometimes they get a little overzealous with that stuff. Try the Epsom soak and see how it goes. Good luck!

As for my foot, I am mostly worried about an infection. I've been soaking it and putting antibiotic ointment on it so I'm keeping my fingers (and toes LOL) crossed.