My faces got burned from SKII!!! HELP

1. I had a SKII complimentary facial on Saturday in Saks Fifth and that made my skin patchy and red. My SA told me that it would go away in a couple of days and skin is trying to push out the impurities.

She told me to follow the following regime, 1 drop of SKII skin repair C after I wash my face with my normal Dior facial wash. Mask every other 2 days with SKII whitening mask.

Last night, my face start peeling and burning. It hurts alot.

Today it got even worse, I got patches of skin falling off. It's gross!!!!!

I have been using SKII whitening mask, pietera water without any problems. What's happening to my face. My face never loked worse than this. Is this okay? Is this skin regeneration? Or I just got rashes from SKII? or should I go see a doctor? HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  2. It's either an allergic reaction, or a major irritation. Sometimes people get very subtle allergic reactions, such as itchiness or some redness and swelling... but getting burned is ridiculous! Stop using the products immediately and go see you dermatologist.

Return those products (SKII is very expensive, over priced, IMO) and ask for a refund. Take pictures, if you think they are going to give you a hard time or go show them in person. The company should have feedback as to how their products are working.

Also, you should wait until this reaction subsides before you try another regime. I'm sure your doctor will tell you this, but just use the basics (gentle cleaner, light moisturizer in the dry areas and perhaps some cortisone cream for the irritation) for now, until your skin gets better.

As for the Dior facial wash, I'm not sure how gentle it is for your immediate problem. Maybe Cetaphil cleanser is best for now. You can't get more gentle than that.
  3. Aside from the facial, some people may be allergic to vitamin C or it may be something else that's irritating your skin. I would stop your regimen and use gentle face wash and lotion until your skin gets better. You could try the face wash & repair C after your skin clears up. Good luck!
  4. I would see a dermatologist as soon as possible, the last thing you want is to have the possibility of the products purring a permanent scar on your face. Take pictures and return those products.
    I also agree with the above posters to stop using the products and switch to the Cethphil soap or perhaps see what your dermatologist wants you to use.
    Good luck.
  5. i would go to the doctor
  6. Thank you ladies for your response. My face got so much better over night by using Rosebud strawberry lip balm & moisturizer on it. The flakes are gone, my face feels a little tight and tender but otherwise I think I am fine. I stopped using any beauty products, I only wash it with water and a soft soft towel and slash on a lot of Rosebud and that reduces a lot of the redness.

I am now in the market for very very gentle skin care, any recommendations?
  7. ^Maybe try an organic line...I go to Sprouts or local health food stores and check out their products -- I love Jason's and Nutribiotic (they make the best cleanser).
  8. Glad to hear your skin is better. I dont think you should start using products till you skin is 100% again. As for skincare I recommend Caudalie - esp the cleanser, I have very sensitive skin and was recommend this line since they dont contain harsh chemicals.
  9. WOW!!! Glad your face is better. I also have sensitive skin and cannot wear many products because of this. Feel better!