My engagement ring upgrade !!!!

Wow - congratulations!!!! It's so beautiful. It makes me want to upgrade mine again! I think it looks amazing in the current setting. When I upgraded to my 3ct, I originally haloed it and then put it back in a simple Tiffany-style setting. I just found that the diamond looked bigger when it was in a simple setting. The overall ring looks bigger in a halo but I missed the look of the classic 6-prong. You should go with whatever you like best though. It'll look stunning either way!

Hubba hubba!!! It looks great!!! And you're thinking of haloing this monster!? WOW!

It was my pleasure to help! I am so glad to see you found a stone that won your heart!

(yes diamonds are hell to photograph...!)

Thanks so much again ! The hunt was fun, but I'm glad to have this baby in my hands ( well, kinda . Hubby wants to give it to me on our anniversary . I had one day to play and take pictures lol)

Wow, it's incredible!

Thank you !

Incredibly beautiful! Enjoy your gorgeous new diamond!

Thanks so much ! Appreciate it

WOW WOW WOW!!!!

I love it as it is, I wouldn't halo it, but that's just me. :smile:

Thanks so much ! It seems to be the popular vote not to halo... And normally I would vote the same way , guess I should go look at settings to see !

Gorgeous. It looks massive on your finger.

Thanks so much ! I'm so excited !

Did you pick this stone online or in person? It is beautiful!!! Congrats

Online but with a lot of scrutiny ! It had been inspected and had a visual report with it as well.

Thanks !

its so pretty ! Enjoy :smile:

Thanks so much !

Wow, so gorgeous! May I ask what ring size you wear?

Thanks so much ! Currently a 5.5 but was about a 5 before baby... So may or may not go back to that lol

Wow, I agree it should stand without a halo. It's a fantastic piece alone.

Thanks ! You guys are making me change my mind about halo lol!

It is stunning! What a rock!

Yippee ! Thanks so much :smile:

I agree! It's so pretty and already substantial if leave it as is. If you really just wanted a change I'd set it in one of those semi mounts with small diamonds all around the band. Think micro eternity band! It's beautiful!!!

Thank for your input ! Seems to be the popular opponion here so I will definitely look at other options too !

Wow - congratulations!!!! It's so beautiful. It makes me want to upgrade mine again! I think it looks amazing in the current setting. When I upgraded to my 3ct, I originally haloed it and then put it back in a simple Tiffany-style setting. I just found that the diamond looked bigger when it was in a simple setting. The overall ring looks bigger in a halo but I missed the look of the classic 6-prong. You should go with whatever you like best though. It'll look stunning either way!

Hey! I was thinking about yours and how you went back and forth on halo and plain . Are you happy you left it plain ? My issue is I feel like it's the exact same as my previous but bigger ( and while 1.54 -and 3.47 is different ... It's not crazy different )

But since I have my original I was thinking I could double halo that and use as pendent ( to get my halo fix) lol

I wanted to halo bc I was thinking of finger coverage 👍👍👍

Last edited by a moderator:
If you're going to Halo this, I'd get a super dainty one--like Steven Kirsch/Victor Canera style a la Frankie's

(scroll most of the way down. hers was made by Victor Canera, in LA)
http://forum.purseblog.com/the-jewe...ing-was-reset-come-celebrate-me-546401-4.html

Thanks for your input . The link isn't working from my phone , will try on my computer and will google it . I guess I could also look into another way to make it different than my previous without a halo .... A friend suggested stacking bands , which I could also do, I believe Swanky does that as well and it looks great !

Thanks for your input . The link isn't working from my phone , will try on my computer and will google it . I guess I could also look into another way to make it different than my previous without a halo .... A friend suggested stacking bands , which I could also do, I believe Swanky does that as well and it looks great !

Try this link:
http://forum.purseblog.com/the-jewe...-ring-was-reset-come-celebrate-me-546401.html

Page 4 I think, it's towards the end where her haloed setting is showing.

You could also do a threestone with pear sides, even pear sapphires maybe.

Beautiful ring!!! I agree with Ame in regards to IF you did a halo, I would do very small, delicate halo as to not take away from that diamond. It's beautiful. Congrats!!