My doggie of 10 yrs passed suddenly

1. My dog passed suddenly 2 weeks ago and I can't seem to get over it, I think. She was perfectly fine running around and playing right before she passed. But the next morning, my mom found her lying there motionless and her body was sweaty and cold. We figured she passed in her sleep cuz before she slept, she was still OK.

I didn't know at first as she's staying with my parents. It was only a week later when I asked about her (I always do whenever I talk to mom), my mom told me about it. My mom didn't dare to tell me when it happened as she knows I would take it very badly. But she cried too. So did my aunt.

Anyway, I was in total shock for the first minute or so. Then, I asked mom again what do you mean she passed last week. It was then it registered and I broke down inconsolably. The next few days was the hardest. I would wake up every morning and that would be the first thing on my mind and I will start crying. At night, I would cry myself to sleep. If I saw her pixs, I would be teary. She's very obedient, never given us any trouble. And she's very, very sweet. That what makes us love her even more.

It's been 2 weeks now. I thought I should be fine. I don't know what happened the other night, I was on the way home and I broke down at the thought of her. But during the day I seem OK. What is the matter with me?? Is this normal? Has anyone gone through the same thing?

2. I'm so sorry to hear about your dog. I would be upset too! Two weeks is not really that long to mourn and feel sad. Pets are like a member of the family. There's nothing I can really say but to answer you question, no, theres absoluty nothing wrong with you!

3. so sorry for your loss...

4. I am so sorry, trixz.

Grieving is a natural thing, and the pain will be there for awhile. I cannot promise when it will go away, but in a matter of time those tears will turn into smiles of remembrance.

Take gentle care of yourself.

5. -Hugs-

6. Awww...I'm sorry for your loss! Hugs to you!! Grieving is a very natural thing and you need to give yourself time to get over your loss. I know that honestly, I still miss my dog and she has been gone for around 4 years..but there are times I still get misty eyed thinking about her. Hang in there!!!

7. I am so sorry for your loss. This is understandably a very sad time for you.

Hugs.

8. :crybaby:I'm so sorry to hear this. I felt the exact same way when my dog was ran over suddenly and killed about 9 years ago; I was around 11 years old and it just broke my heart. Here is a story that my dad had me read shortly after my baby passed and it made me feel so much better, I'll post it here for you it's called the Rainbow Bridge:

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
    There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
    There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
    The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

I hope this helps you in your time of sorrow, I know it helped me. Hugs to you.

9. So sorry for your loss. Is she the goldie in your avatar? I loss my goldie too a few years ago. She was also 10 and it was very sudden. She was perfectly fine the day/night before and in the morning we noticed she wasn't eating her breakfast. We took her to the vet and there was nothing to be done. She passed away from "stomach bloat." I never heard of this before she passed away, but I guess it can be a common killer in large breeds of dogs.

http://www.adoptagolden.com/k9stuff/vetcorner/bloat.htm

10. I am so sorry honey. I know this is hard. I'm thinking you are taking this harder because there was no real closure for you, such as many of us get when our pups have been sick for a long time, or we were with them when they passed.

I wish I had words of wisdom to make it better, please know I keep you in my prayers.

11. I'm so sorry.I lost my 12 year old in May and even now I do sometimes get teary thinking about her. At least your baby didn't suffer. Her heart probably gave out during the night and she never felt any pain or fear. I know you gave her a loving home for her 10 wonderful years. Grieve as long as you need to. There is no right or wrong amount of time. (((HUGS)))

12. Oh, sweetie, I am so so sorry. Everyone grieves at their own pace, so don't try to rush it. Do what you can to find closure (maybe do something in memory of her?). We're all here for you, keeping you in our thoughts. If you need anything, let us know!

13. oh...i am so sorry abt yr loss :heart::love: its tough and take time..:okay:

14. I'm so sorry about your beloved dog. There's nothing odd about grieving for quite a while. If you're like me, my dog is a family member. I'll cry for several days and feel sad for a long time. Eventually I can talk about the funny things and remember the good times, but this is still very new to you. Be good to yourself. Time will eventually make things easier, but it's just very hard right now. Hugs.

15. I'm sorry for your loss. Cry all you need to; It's perfectly normal. :heart: