My DH secretly resents my LVs!!(Long rant)

I'm really sorry this happened to you :sad: , but honestly, a lot of guys feel this way about expensive bags. No matter how much money they spend on their interests, they will still think that an LV bag is not worth the money. Perhaps he was just stressed that day. Perhaps you guys can implement a system where both of you will sit down and talk over any purchases made by either person over a certain amount of money? And negotiate when to buy certain things if money is tight?

Aww... I am sorry to hear that. Perhaps your DH was having an extra bad day when he said all those things that hurt your feelings. I am sure he didn't mean to hurt you, but think of it as a good chance to resolve your conflict. Better take care of it now than to wait for the issue to snowball. :flowers: cheer up!

I could be totally wrong but maybe he was having a bad day or was upset about something at work when he made the rude comment. Also, IMO, dh's just don't get excited about bags, no matter how much we love, cherish, dream about the bag we want. So, it is kind of fruitless to convey our excitement to them by talking about it, they just don't get it. So, if you want to buy it, buy it but just don't discuss it with him after you buy it.

You shouldn't be upset. He's a man. Remember men and women are DIFFERENT....:yes:. My husband is similar. He can buy himself very expensive shoes (he loves designer shoes and that's all he wears Prada..etc..) or electronics and it's okay for him...lol. I say absolutely nothing at all about it and respect that this is what he likes.

I've always been more frugal and while I spend good money on things such as going to spa and salon regularly for manis/pedis, facials and waxing, I have only recently have started to purchase really expensive items for myself. My husband actually encouraged me to purchase my first LV..long ago. He actually suggested that I purchase the 'Alma' bag..but I went with the Speedy first. I always elected not to until recently...lol. Within a week..I purchased my LV Speedy and then turned around to purchase the Coach Ergo Scarf print bag.

We're not in any debt and it's time for me to start buying things I REALLY want. I told him about the Ergo bag and he was like 'Another bag already? I thought the LV bag was the only bag you would need.' I just said 'well, it's going to be my spring bag'. He replied 'next you're going to need a 'summer bag too right?' ....lol I just said, "I wasn't planning on it...but maybe..we will see". LOL That's what he gets for encouraging me.
I'm fortunate that he also likes nice things and likes for me to look nice and treat myself too. Still, he is a man and they just can't understand our obsession with bags and shoes...not completely anyway. They just aren't built that way.

So long as you can afford them and aren't going into debt for bags then I think the purchases are fine..but if you are spending all of your savings on bags..or worse yet..don't even have savings then he may have a point...

Honey you're not alone!! Even my SO thinks the same as your DH! I brought him with me the other day to buy my handbag, and as soon as the SA took out my SO he just gave me this really 'disappointed' looked and started shaking his head at me :crybaby: He asked me, "why are you getting ANOTHER bag.... haven't you already got enough? Why don't you save your money so you can go on a holiday or something??" He then asked me how much it was, and when he found out he gave out this huge SIGH, and shook his head again :Push: I felt so bad! But what I don't understand is, I used MY money to buy the bag, yet he was still getting annoyed that I was buying it.... I can understand that your DH might feel that way because he's the bread winner, but for my SO... I really don't know why! He likes his cars and I like my LV, what's wrong with that?! :shrugs: I guess I'll never truly understand boys huh!

Trust me- you are not alone. My Dh gives me LV for special occasions(bday, christmas, etc) and feels that should be enough to add to my vice. We actaully started a purse fund for me. I used to always get my hair cut 1 a month and mani/pedi twice a month. The $$ that I would spend on these things goes into the purse fund and I buy whatever I want. When I get a bag from LT, his question is always the same, Don't you have enough? NO! He does not like the idea of frivelous(sp?)spending on purses. He thinks it would be better spent for a nice dinner. But, I rather put $$ away for a bag- then spend $100 for dinner at a restaurant.

We just have to agree that purses is my thing and that is not changing anytime soon.

sounds like my life...lol....just do not talk about your LV with him...never justify do what makes you happy it is your life...do not let your man be a ball and chain...buy what you want....never please others especially a man...but, that is just me sista....enjoy your SO noe...I want pics!!! cheers