My DH hates me getting LV...

MOst men don't understand why we spend that much money on shoes and bags, it's something they will never understand, it's the same thing as most women not understanding the obsession with big screen tvs and surround sound.

Just treat yourself ! you're worth it hheheh

My bf used to not understand my obsession, but now he enjoys going to buy/ look with me now that he sees how happy my bags make me. Let him see what they mean to you and how hard you work to save and buy your bags.

I guess my advantage was that my bf has started collecting watches and they can be even more expensive than my bags! He understands now what it's like to appreciate and want something that is of good quality. I don't really understand why he needs so many watches, just like he still doesn't understand the purse thing, but it's his money and I respect him being able to save up for something he really wants.

If it's your own money do what makes you happy!

My idea is if you can afford to save for your retirement/house/future, pay all your bills and still have left over, then you can do whatever you want with that money. And if that means buying bags, then go for it! :smile:

My bf used to think buying LV is ridiculous...actually he still thinks it's pretty awful to have to pay so much for a purse but like some members have mentioned, he sees that it makes me so happy when I finally buy a purse I've wanted for so long. He also realized LV makes good quality stuff. Sometimes when I look at no name brands, he'd actually say, 'this can't be compared to the LV you showed me the other day!'

Let him know you'd like to spend your money on things you truly love! You deserve to own things you want as long as you can afford it!

I think you are entitled to a treat if you're using your own money. Does your DH spend money on things for himself? My DH is not too thrilled about the amount I spend on LV but he wastes so much money on his car that he knows not to say anything.

My idea is if you can afford to save for your retirement/house/future, pay all your bills and still have left over, then you can do whatever you want with that money. And if that means buying bags, then go for it! :smile:

I completely agree! I'm sure we have some friends in the forum who put their households, retirement, credit scores... at risk for the sake of a beautiful bag. That is unfortunate. However, as long as the important things are covered, we should enjoy some of the finer things in life.

My DH and I don't do the 'my money vs. your money vs. our money' thing, and although we don't always agree on where the extra should go, he doesn't give me too much grief about the bag habit.

I hope you guys can work out a compromise!

My DH bought me a Louie last year and talked about how he bought me a $700 purse all year long (oh how I hate hearing about it). Since then, I have just bought my own bags and when he asks me what I want for X'mas, Birthay, Valentine's, etc. I just tell him cash so I can put it towards my LV purchase or get whatever I want. He is not the best at picking out gifts.:nogood: I do save a lot since I get some of my bags from ebay

Treat yourself, especially since you are buying the bags with your own money. I am sure he buys things for himself that you may not be in perfect agreement with.
That is the maturity that will lead to a long marriage, you can agree to disagree about somethings.

Totally agree. You can't build a long marriage if one person is unhappy with the economic arrangement.

My DH doesn't understand the bag thing either (although somehow he has purchased 3 'big' ones in the past 2 years for me!). Fortunately he doesn't really say anything about it, if he did then I would do what you suggested- save up and then buy it myself! You deserve it!!!!!;)

Oh, my fiance hates it when I get my bags too...but, so...? Everyone has their own "thing". Unfortunately, he doesn't spend money on anything really, but he's come to terms with me loving my handbags. I believe that as long as your finances aren't in trouble, there's nothing wrong with a little spoiling...

My husband doesn't mind me getting a few new pieces once in a whiles. He says that since we both don't drink or smoke, he says atleast this is a healthier way to spend the money.

Life is short, spoil yourself!

I don't think he should have a problem since it's your money you are spending. I have the same problem, but he has slowly gotten used to it because he knows I won't stop. Keep indulging yourself.