My dear Amélie will be operated on in the next few hours... I'm scared

1. Dear all, after graduating today and getting my PhD we came home and as I took out 2-year-old Amelie, one of my guinea pigs (I love them :heart: since forever) and noticed a lump near her throat that was bigger than a golf ball and completely hardened. This must have grown in the last few days I was absorbed with finishing stuff for work and organising graduation day. :crybaby:

I called the emergency doc number here and she has to be operated on for this abscessTONIGHT and it's a dangerous operation near her throat. Gosh I'm so scared and sad :crybaby::sad: She's there, I'm here, all I can think about is if she's gonna be ok.

I could cry right now.
  2. Sorry to hear about Amelie, hope her op will be a success.
  3. Thank you dear passerby :s
  4. OH, I'll be praying for your Amelie! She will probably be fine. My son had a guinea pig that he loved to pieces. Our pets mean so much to us.

Best wishes! Let us know how it turns out.
  5. Oh no I'm so sorry for you :crybaby: Sending you best wishes and big hugs, I'll keep you both in my thoughts :heart:
  6. sending big hugs

the vet just has to lance the abcess so its not a too traumatic operation
    stay strong
    it will be ok
    let us know how you are
  7. I hope your little pal will be ok. Hugs to you.:heart:
  8. I hope your sweet little baby is ok.
    It's awful when a pet is sick.:sad:
    Congrats on your Phd too.
  9. Amélie couldn't be saved. I spent my graduation day and night crying. In fact I'm still crying. She was not even 2 years old and had such a great spirit and personality.

Thanks all so much. I just hope her "hubby" Ray will emotionally survive his loss.

10. I am so very sorry.:crybaby:
  11. Thank you dallas.
  12. I'm so sorry for ur baby *hugs*
  13. Oh no, I am so sorry :crybaby:She'll always live in your heart by you remembering her :heart:
  14. Yes, we will always love her. Thank you so much.
  15. Oh gosh, I'm so sorry for your loss. :crybaby: