My Christmas gift to Myself

alanaofthebay

Dec 18, 2006
Well, today I went to the Westfield Shopping center in San Francisco, to do some last minute gift shopping. Since my X-mas is going to be pretty quiet this year, I decided to treat myself to a bag as well. I had actually set my mind on buying a certain "it" bag that is very popular right now, and more expensive than any of the bags I have ( twice as much as my last LV purchase). When I found it at the department store and tried it on, however, there just wasn't a spark or a click. I almost bought one anyways, but I decided that it wasn't a good idea to slap that baby on my credit card unless I reaaally loved it. So I looked around, and didn't see anything that really moved me.

I had given up on the idea of buying a bag today, when I passed the Furla boutique, and wandered in. I immediately noticed what I found out is the Elizabeth in blackberry. I loved the color, the lightweight feel and uncluttered design, the big size, and the python embossed leather is amazingly realistic. I also love the slouch. I can definitely see myself using it alot.

What is even better is that the bag is only $565, but I got it for even less.:graucho: When I asked the salesperson how much it cost, he said "$495". When he went to the back to get me a new one, he realized he had told me the wrong price. I actually felt bad, and told him I would pay the real price, but he insisted on honoring the price he had quoted. So that was pretty cool.

Well, here are some photos. I am sorry the photos of me wearing it had such bad lighting (probably because I was using the hall mirror), but you can get an idea of the shape on me). By the way, I am 6ft tall and have a bigger bone structure.

Attachments

• IMGP0066.JPG
    IMGP0066.JPG
    166.6 KB · Views: 201
  • IMGP0073.JPG
    IMGP0073.JPG
    114.3 KB · Views: 99
  • IMGP0067.JPG
    IMGP0067.JPG
    99.2 KB · Views: 219
  • IMGP0068.JPG
    IMGP0068.JPG
    84 KB · Views: 146
  • IMGP0072.JPG
    IMGP0072.JPG
    153.6 KB · Views: 122
Thanks everyone :shame:. I love it! You know, I just noticed the Elizabeth is listed at $495 on the Saks website, but the price has been raised apparantly at Furla boutiques and on the Furla website. That explains his misquote. I am glad I got mine at the lower price!

Merry Christmas to all of you!