My Chanel Glasses/Saks/Luxottica

1. This is one of my favorite pair of chanel sunglasses.. I opened the case up the other day and look how the sides started
    to turn black, the black frames are fading into the white and the white is now yellowing. Not what you expect from a $300 pair of glasses..
    I tried to take them back to Saks where I got them and they treated me so awful. This is why I am not buying anything from the EVER AGAIN.
    The lady even threw my receipt on the floor and another customer commented and said she was going to write a letter on my behalf, she had never seen anyone treated like that.. This was at the Saks Boutique in Tysons Corner, VA. I did not get much better treatment at the Chevy Chase location.
    Obviously this is a defect. So now I have to send them back to Luxottica – spend 20 bucks on shipping and 12.50 for their service charge and they could still not do anything about it.. My SA at the Chanel Boutique stated to me there policy and she was like wow—Saks should have taken them and sent them back.
    Chanels policy is if its within 2 years they return/exchange them for you and they send them back to Luxottica. I have had these less than 2 years- I got the last pair- ..
    I know Nordies would have given me not a PROBLEM and that’s why I try to buy everything from Nordstroms for this matter and their level of customer service.
    Has anyone had to deal with Luxottica and how efficient are they.
    I can get with a bad pair of glasses, but NOT the treatment I received from SAKS was horrible..

DSC00083.JPG DSC00084.JPG
  2. Those are great looking glasses but I see what you mean. I would also write a letter to that SA's manager from Saks. Did you get her name, etc? That's just awful. Why did she feel the need to throw your receipt on the ground and why didn't she take them back?????!!!! :cursing: :cursing:

3. Wow. That's really terrible. So sorry to hear. I hope it all works out.

4. :cursing: You know I'm starting to et frustarated w/ all the probs members here are having with incomptent SA's...and to think that Chanel keeps raising prices...aren't they worried that they're pushing business away!?! It's like they just don't care!! Chanel should send out spys...This is awful!!! I feel sorry for you and your bad experience!! Now you're stuck w/ sour grapes and dud sunglasses!!! Fabulous..:cursing:

5. They would not take them back because they were over a year OLD.. The lady that threw the receipt on the floor was a MANAGER- the floor manager at the time. I spoke to the Department manager that following Monday and she stood behind their policy and she apoligized for the SA/managers behavior... and she did not even want to hear the rest. She offered me Luxotticas number and I declined. and I told her that I was on the WL for 2 other BAGS and that I am waiting to Purchase the Denim Cabas from an SA at Chevy Chase and based on her decision I would not be purchasing that BAG or any other bag - AND SHE JUST DID NOT CARE.. basically just lost from me almost $5K in business over $300 glasses that they would have gotten their money back from LUXOTTICA.. even the SA Vincent was like if he was the manager he would have taken them back/exchanged and damaged them out and sent to Luxottica end of story.. but it all depends on who you deal with and what there issues are at the time... And I shop alot at Saks-correction USED to shop alot.. I preferred them ove Neimans, cause I could use my VISA card and check card purchases.. Neimans I gotta write a check or pay cash....
    So all in all- was it worth pissing of a longtime loyal customer. So thats why I can not forsee at this point ever giving them my business again..
    had to vent for a minute. Glad I have you girls to listen....

6. Wow, that fact that she was a manager blows my mind! Apparently, they don't care to keep their loyal customers happy. They lost out on a huuuge chunk of change over a stupid mistake on their part.

I hope you get your glasses taken care of just the same and find a better SA with whom to deal at a DIFFERENT establishment.

7. OMG! That is awful. I have found that SAKS has notoriously bad customer service compared to Nordstrom. I actually bought Chanel prescription eyeglasses 6 months ago from Lens Crafters. I noticed one of the tiny rhinestones in the CC's had fallen out, so I took them to Lens Crafters to see if they could send them off to get the stone replaced. The sales guy EXCHANGED them for a brand new pair! He just took my prescription lenses out of the old ones, popped them in the new and I was out in 5 minutes...AWESOME. Good luck to you, I would definitely call the store's general manager and complain and maybe even work a gift card out of them!

8. That sounds awful!!! I would not buy anything from there anymore!! If you need the denim cabas just walk over to the chanel store in tyson, I talked to them today and they had them in store:yes:

9. It is so unbelievable that the MANAGER threw your receipt on the ground and acted in such an unacceptable manner! I would be super upset too.

I do hope you get your sunglasses replaced or fixed in a timely manner!

10. I am really sorry for the way you were treated - completely unacceptable. However, the sunglasses were purchased from Luxottica so why didn't you contact Luxottica directly? Maybe I'm wrong, but it doesn't seem to me that Saks is responsible for taking care of the problem when the merchandise wasn't purchased from their store. I realize it is Chanel but I don't understand why Saks should have to get involved with Luxottica - that's not their job really. And I really don't find many s/a's/managers of department store Chanel boutiques to be that knowledgable about policies beyond those their own store provides. But if your s/a at the Chanel boutique stated Chanel's policy then shouldn't she be able to help versus you send them back to Luxottica and incur more expense?

All that said, it doesn't excuse the horrible treatment you received.

11. please write a letter, it will make you feel a little better.

12. True, but that is LensCrafters 'pitch'... that's how they get you into the store, by promising a liberal return policy. (Their product is a bit more expensive, to make up for it, I've noticed.)

From what I've heard, Saks does have rather poor customer service. I'm going to stay away from them too.

I also think a letter should be written, just so you know your voice is heard...

13. Not only would I write the head of Saks and include the SA's name, I would copy the letter to Chanel corporate office in N.Y. Afterall, it is Chanel corporate who decides which stores (and which locations) "get" to sell their product. If enough complaints come in about a store, one would expect some action to be taken. Even if the policy is that glasses have to be returned to the manufacturer, there was no need to act like a
    snot. So sorry you went through such rudeness!!

14. ROEY- THESE GLASSES WERE PURCHASED BY ME FROM SAKS FIFTH AVENUE.. AND I EXPECT A DEPARTMENT STORE OF THIS MAGNATUDE TO STAND BEHIND THE MERCHANDISE THEY SELL. THEY ONLY SEND YOU TO LUXOTTICA WHEN THEY DONT WANT TO HELP YOU..
    IF I HAD PURCHASED FROM THE CHANEL BOUTIQUE SHE WOULD HAVE HELPED ME.. I CANT BUY SOMETHING FROM SAKS AND EXPECT CHANEL TO RETURN AND VICE VERSA- WAS I NOT CLEAR IN MY DESCRIPTION OF THE PROBLEM.. I AM NOT YELLING Y CAPS ARE ON BECAUSE I WAS WORKING ON A SPREADSHEET.
    IF YOU BOUGHT YOUR BAG AT SAKS AND IT MESSED UP- WOULDNT YUO EXPECT SAKS TO STAND BEHIND THE PRODUCT... THEY HAVE MORE LEE WAY WITH THE DISTRIBUTERS ????

15. I Was Not Asking For Anything I Did Not Feel I Deserved