My Bronze 2.55 Reissue is here! Only she's not very Bronze!

1. I just got my 2.55 Bronze reissue from the Bag, Borrow or Steal sale last week! I excitedly opened the package and the bag is BEAUTIFUL and in perfect shape! Only, she's not very "bronze"! I saw a bronze bag in the archives that is very bronze - to me bronze means a "coppery" color. This bag, in person, is a very light "tannish" gold...we shot photos in the natural light and it takes on a "rose" hue in the gold. It's not so gold, that I dislike it though...I'm just on the fence about the color.

I'm not that familiar with the Chanel colors since I just started buying them. Is this the color of bronze? Or was this maybe a gold reissue? It looks great with jeans but would look great with a suit as well. They even had the size wrong! They said it was a 226 at 10 x 6 inches with a 9 or 10" drop. The bag actually measures 11 x 7 with an almost 11" drop when using the two chains! I'm 5'10" and I think the bag is a nice size on me!

Anyhow....opinions...answers? Is there a truly "bronze" bag that I must still search for, or is this what Chanel Bronze looks like?!?!? :confused1:

bronze1.jpg bronze2.jpg bronze3.jpg bronze4.jpg

2. I have this bag. I LOVE this bag. It's my favorite. It's the 2006 dark gold reissue. Very limited. You were lucky to get it, and on sale no less!!!
  3. They had a sale? Wow! It's gorgeous. I love this color. Congrats!!
  4. That's a beautiful bag - what a great find! Congratulations!
  5. I think the bag is absolutely gorgeous - I prefer this to the bronze! Congrats on such a good deal!
  6. wow you've got a great deal! how much did you manage to get this at? this bag is hot! it's a size 226 i believe? but looks like a 225 lol, congrats! enjoy her ;)
  7. Thanks Mon! Obviously they don't know what they are selling there!

Do you know if this is the largest size or was there a larger one?
  8. Wow, this isn't a bag you can even find to begin with, let alone snag on discount... holy crap haha, I'm in shock!!! :nuts: :nuts: As Mon said, it's the Fall '06 Dark Gold reissue! :love: :love:

I have this in the 227 size, and you're right, it isn't bronze per se, it's a dark tannish gold (reminds me very much of the bronze CC tote)... IMO, it's also the perfect neutral, not too blingy metallic that you can wear with soo much!!! :love:

If you're still on the fence, I don't think you'd have any problems whatsoever selling her... as I can think of several ladies who would love to have her hehe. ;) Try her on with a bunch of different outfits, see how you feel! :smile: Congrats on an amazing find girl!!!! :yahoo:
  9. The size you have looks like the 226. It was also available in 225 and 227. Here is Jessica Alba carrying hers.

10. HAHA YES MINAL, i would be the first! if you decide to let it go, photomj! :graucho:
  11. i think the colour looks :love:
  12. I have to say it is so,so pretty it will go with everything good luck and happy new year
  13. Great color....Congrats on getting a fabulous bag...and on sale...Enjoy it!!!
  14. wow you did great, its beautiful.

Gosh, a real advantage of purchasing sometimes not from a direct boutique is that they have no idea what they are sending ;)

Enjoy your gorge new bag :smile:
  15. WOW - gorgeous!
    I love your bag!
    and how great to even get it on sale - I'm happy for you!