My Botkier got a stain!!

1. Me and my friends went out to eat at a chinese resturant last week and one of the girls accidently spilled sweet and sour sauce on the back of my lovely purse..And the stain won't go away!! :crybaby:

Any suggestions?

2. get rid of the friend! lol. I'm so sorry this happened to you. I'd be furious. Unfortunately, I can't help.

3. :{ I'm sorry to hear that!

Try meguiar's leather cleaner or leather wipes (wal-mart has it in the area you get products to clean car leather), I just got it yesterday and cleaned stains that have been on for over 6 months, on my ivory Ferragamo tote last night, and it all came out! Course, it took many hours to achieve it D:
    However, I don't know if botkier leather is treated or not, but my tote has been treated, so I don't know if that makes a difference or not.

Good luck :{ I hope you find a remedy!

4. Thank you girls. Im currently in Sweden and I have no clue what to look for..but I will have to try my very best :sad:

5. baby wipes? does it look as if the stain has soaked in and still has color to it? or does it look like the sauce just darkened the leather of your bag?

6. Sorry to hear about your bag! I think leather cleaning wipes are probably the best solution since they're usually not as strong as other cleaners and shouldn't harm your bag.

If those don't work, try and find out if Botkier pre-treats their bags. Then, depending on what kind of leather your bag is made from, you can always go to a store that sells leather goods and buy one of their cleaners. Good luck!

Oh, and I forgot to add...I think the girl should pay for it to be cleaned. ;) Accident or not, I know if that happened to me someone would be paying for it. I wouldn't mind paying if I was the stupid one who spilled something on someone's bag.

7. Ok so I took pic's of the stain but realized there was more than one! I think I'm gonna cry -_-

Well I would make her pay but she is one of my best friends, and I know she didnt mean it..Right now she has a very tight economy and I just couldn't do that to her..

Where can I found out if Botkier does anything to the leather?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Sorry to hear that. I used apple guard on my ivory bianca and its still getting stains on it. I've tried cleaning with no luck.

9. Go to the Botkier site and contact Jinnie or Monica and tell them about your situation.

If it helps, the stains aren't as bad as I was imagining they would be.

10. can you bring it to a reputable leather cleaner? the color is gorgeous!!!

11. Thank you guys. I have to go down town next week and see what I can do about it. Yes, I know I totally fell in love with the colour! It was either teal(the one i got) or plum.

12. Oh, my...that is sad. Hasn't happened to me...yet. Some of the gals, a few in particular swear by http://www.lovinmybags.com/. You may want to search a few threads here to see the comments left by others. Good luck to you and your (still) gorgeous bag.

13. That's so sad! You have to order this online, so I guess it wouldn't work so well for this stain, but I bought cleaner and protector off of lovinmybags.com (not my company, don't worry) and it took old stains off of my bone Bianca and has prevented it from getting anymore. You can also send your bag to them for a professional cleaning.

For now, I would take it to a leather or shoe shop and see if they have anything. And I agree that if it takes a serious cleaning, she should pay for it.