My boss is Out of her Mind!

does she have a favorite show? I bought my MIL the Grey's Anatomy Season Two and she loved it.

Those whole Season dvd's come with all kinds of behind the scenes extras....

Personally I love orchids...something like that would be really nice

or a really nice picture frame?

I am someone's boss & I would not want them spending $ on me. A nice box of Godiva chocolates would be OK> nothing personal, no jewelry, etc.
We give our employees a Christmas bonus but feel its inappropriate for them to give us something expensive or personal.

Where I used to work we'd usually just get the boss some nice flowers or something. The other place I worked I don't think anyone gave the bosses anything, although they did give everyone working there pretty nice gifts. But this was a big company and you didn't really have much of a relationship with your boss, the other place was smaller and with more room for chit chat. Either way, I don't think you should feel obliged to give your boss anything other than a little something to say 'Happy holidays'. If she gives you something it's to thank you for being a valuable asset to the company, so it's okay if it's something nicer than what you give her.

Unless you know she's crazy about something (ie a special candy, where you could get a pretty glass bowl and fill it) I would vote for chocolates, too-you work for her, you haven't been there that long, it's the thought that counts-maybe a great Xmas stocking w/chocolate? Anything more IMO is inappropriate at this point in your working relationship-Happy Holidays!

As almost everyone has said, chocolates are a good idea. But if you wish to give your boss something else (and not have to spend too much), you can find awesome soaps on ... yes ... Etsy! :smile: You could always put together a little basket containing soaps from different sellers.

Twindreamcreations

Etsy :: Holiday Gift Box - Glycerin Soap

Quote:
Here you have a gift box that's also the gift! This is one of our holiday soaps shaped into a Christmas package that is actually made out of soap, but wait! Open it up and there is a little surprise inside, another little soap present :smile:
Unquote

kisukisu
Etsy :: Pinku Soaps Boxed Gift Set-Pink Sugar, Pink Grapefruit, and Pink Lemonade

Gudonya
Etsy :: Floap TM - Rice Flower - vegan
Floap - soap that floats!

bradli
Etsy :: Oatmeal, Milk and Honey Glycerine Soap

PS I've just ordered a golf ball soap as a present for my great boss

Lucky you!! :nuts: I'd say even though she is getting your a pricey xmas gift, you shouldn't go too far beyond your own means (just bc she's rich doesn't mean you are!!!) I'm sure she understands that sentiment, so buying something that is thoughtful is all that is needed!!!
I agree excellent advice:yes:

I always learned that it was inappropriate to spend much $ on a boss. Chip in with your coworkers for flowers or a nice box of chocolates or maybe bake something. That's the protocol I've always learned. I think spending a lot can create an awkward situation.