My Bleecker bags arrived today!

cupcake

O.G.
May 5, 2006
Today seemed like one of the longest days in my life. I knew that my Bleecker bags would be delivered while I was at work and the anticipation nearly killed me. I saw the box as I pulled in the driveway and I was in such a hurry that I didn't even park in the garage. That was my first mistake because the pesky neighbor kids saw my car in the drive and they were ringing my front doorbell before I could even get in the house.

"Hi!"
"Did you just get home from work?"
"What are you doing tonight?"
"Can I come over for a while?"

:cursing:

Anyway... I absolutely love my bags! I didn't expect to like them both. I figured that I'd definitely prefer one over the other but that is not the case at all. The Bleecker leather is just amazing. It's really soft - almost like Legacy leather but just a little different. It's called Burnished leather, which is new to me, and the care instructions say damp cloth and/or Coach moisturizer (no Coach cleaner).

I got the Leather Small Zip Hobo (11415) in coal (black) leather and the Leather Flap (11418), also in coal. The strap on the Leather flap is very long - 48" - with buckle adjustments on both sides. I doubled the strap because I could never wear it the way it was intended. The inside is satin Tattersall (sp?) plaid - very nice.

Here's the hobo:

hobofront.jpg

hoboside.jpg

hobowear2.jpg

And here's the flap:

flapfront.jpg

flapinside-1.jpg

flapwear-1.jpg

Sorry about the crappy photos - I couldn't get a decent shot to save my live.

I am not sure if I will keep them both. I can keep both if I want but I really have to think about it. The flap is different than any other bag I have, which is a definite plus. The one thing I am not crazy about is the Coach buggy stamp on the top flap. That's going to have to grow on me.

Anyway, Bleecker is a big thumbs up as far as I am concerned. The prices are reasonable and the bags are beautiful! :tup:

Oh MOKONI!!! They are both beautiful! I'm really loving the flap on you. Its unique and the size and drop length look absolutely perfect! I hear ya on the horse/buggy stamp. I'm not liking it much either, but it really isn't too noticeable on your black bag. I say KEEP THE FLAP!!! Its so cute!!!!.....:tup::drool::nuts:

Mokoni--just read that you doubled up the strap on the Bleecker Flap bag. I thought the strap was shorter...ummm.....how exactly do you double it up and then secure it? I can't picture this....I think I will have to do the same if I get this bag. The strap length is perfect in your pic. TIA!!! ok....have to say it again....the flap bag looks AMAZING on you!

^Thanks, cverhoff!

Here's how I doubled the straps. It's easier to show in photos because it would be hard to describe - LOL! Both "ends" of the strap are on one side and the "middle" is looped around the buckle on the other side.

double1.jpg

double2.jpg

double3.jpg

doubleflap.jpg

is the flap meant to be worn as a cross body? how long is it if you put each strap end on it's last hole? is it still especially long? is the length similiar to the legacy hippie?
and i must say i'm really loving the simplicity of the hobo! very pretty!
oh and that leather looks just like the leather on my black soho tote; it is smooshy and yummy

OT: what's up w/ the neighbor kids? do you have kids that they want to come over to play with or do they just want to hang out w/ you? cause that would be annoying ha ha:Push:

^Thanks, cverhoff!

Here's how I doubled the straps. It's easier to show in photos because it would be hard to describe - LOL! Both "ends" of the strap are on one side and the "middle" is looped around the buckle on the other side.

double1.jpg

double2.jpg

double3.jpg

doubleflap.jpg

THANK YOU!!!! The pictures really help. Thanks for taking the time to do that for me. I really appreciate it. :yes:

Congrats Mokoni, they look great on you!

Oooh love them! I especially like the flap bag....:drool: I like the shape a lot, and the lining is very cute!

....but that strap is so long! Hmmm now I am deliberating...