My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding on TLC

Umm, YES, you can have medical problems. Siblings, Parents, etc are definite, no-nos, but you can still have medical problems marrying cousins:

Hanovers: The underbites, cleft palette, slow development, mental disabilities issues, genetic mutations.
Romanovs/Queen Victoria's heirs.....hemophalia, etc....
Oh. I stand corrected.

(I knew about the hemophilia thing, but I didn't put two and two together: cousins marrying each other + males with hemophilia gene = kids with hemophilia.)

Most strip clubs have the girls sign a standard model release form, so filming is allowed, if the club OK's it, also patrons will see a sign overhead upon entering that says "you may be filmed or photographed"

I need Diamond to be my cousin, she tossed Milli around like a doll baby, although in her defense Milli did get hers in and she is a capital G Gangsta for this line right here "I don't believe in charges"
Sad the thanksgiving party got messed up, but people act like only traveler's fight at parties, regular americans of ALL races do too
I'd marry a South Carolina Irish Traveler, that looks like a good deal

The only thing that the American version has over the UK one is that they have mainly focused on the one family. I like this because you get to know the characters a little better. More in depth drama. Although I'm not thrilled with the low class behavior. Sometimes it seems like a reality TV version of "My Name is Earl".

k2sealer said:
The only thing that the American version has over the UK one is that they have mainly focused on the one family. I like this because you get to know the characters a little better. More in depth drama. Although I'm not thrilled with the low class behavior. Sometimes it seems like a reality TV version of "My Name is Earl".

That's a great analogy!

Here's the analogy:

Thelma begins the search for her ten new trainees. All of them are gypsies or travellers, some left school at 11 and some are unable to read, write or even tell the time.

Thelma's hopefuls include headstrong 16-year-old Margaret from a local trailer site, who doesn't like being told what to do regardless of who's telling her; 17-year-old Kathleen, whose domestic duties include looking after her 17 nieces and nephews; and 16-year-old Rosanne, who desperately lacks education and thinks Lady Gaga worships the devil.

For the girls it's the opportunity of a lifetime, for existing staff it feels like a serious upheaval, and for Thelma it could be out of the frying pan and into the fire.

jamamcg said:
Here's the analogy:

Thelma begins the search for her ten new trainees. All of them are gypsies or travellers, some left school at 11 and some are unable to read, write or even tell the time.

Thelma's hopefuls include headstrong 16-year-old Margaret from a local trailer site, who doesn't like being told what to do regardless of who's telling her; 17-year-old Kathleen, whose domestic duties include looking after her 17 nieces and nephews; and 16-year-old Rosanne, who desperately lacks education and thinks Lady Gaga worships the devil.

For the girls it's the opportunity of a lifetime, for existing staff it feels like a serious upheaval, and for Thelma it could be out of the frying pan and into the fire.

Thelma has her work cut out for her!