My BF finally found his HG bag, lol!

1. Let me first say that my bf is a very sweet guy and is happy to indulge me in my handbag obsession. He just wants me to wear what makes me happy. But he's also happy to give his opinion on the bags I buy! He's not a very fashion-savvy guy (it's been a long, slow fight to convince him to stop wearing his obscene college novelty tees in public, lol), but I guess you might say that he knows what he likes, which isn't much when it comes to my handbag selections :rolleyes: Here are a few classic reactions that he's had to the question:

"Do you like it?"

Coach Turquoise Ergo - "I'm glad YOU like it!"
    Coach Cotton Pocket Satchel- "I guess that's not as bad as I thought it was when I first saw it."
    Coach Carly - "That bag is not good-looking."
    Coach Vintage Hamptons Tote - "I don't think you wear stuff like that."

MJ Stam Hobo - <speechless> :wtf:

LV Damier Azur Speedy - "How much did that cost??"
    LV Damier Speedy - "I'm not going to lie to you, baby, that bag is plain ugly."

and my personal favorite:

Red Patent Bag: "That bag looks like whore shoes."

So, needless to say, he's not much fun when I'm showing off a new bag! Tonight I took my new to me Hudson PM out for the first time and expected much the same reaction. But lo and behold, as soon as he saw the Hudson, he proclaimed:

"Baby, that is a great bag! That is the best bag that you've ever owned!" <his exact words>

He took the Hudson from me and examined it in the way that a grocery shopper might examine a canteloupe, and continued:

"It's a really good size...I bet that it will match lots of outfits."

He did express one concern: "I think the leather is too light, it would look better if the leather was a little darker."

I explained to him that LV bags patina and that the leather will get darker over time and he responded: "Then it will just get better looking."

I joked "Wow, you don't think that it's ugly??" and he said "I don't think you could call that bag ugly, it's really great."

He did add before the conversation shifted: "I'm glad you got rid of that whore shoes bag."

Who knew?? Apparently my bf is a LV Mono kind of guy! But I doubt that I'll be getting any Pomme Vernis in the future, lol, I obviously scarred him with the last red patent bag!

2. lol- cute post! Congrats on your new "bf-approved" Hudson!

*Still LMAO about the whore shoes bag :roflmfao:*

3. lol congrats on the hudson pm! lovely bag! Incidentally, my bf said a similar thing about my damier speedy: "That brown bag is the ugliest thing I've ever seen. Why didn't you get the white one. The white one is so much better."

4. Cute story and congrats on you hudson

5. congrats

6. Congratulation!

And the 'whore shoe bag' story is just too funny... :roflmfao:

7. Your boyfriend is soo funny! Keep us updated when you get a new bag ;)

8. Haaa.. Funny!!...

9. Too funny ! Congrats on the hudson.

10. ROFFLE!!!! :roflmfao:

Thanks for sharing, that's brilliant!! :tup:

11. lol, cute story!
    your boyfriends sounds real funny, and it reminded me of something my boyfriend said about the neverfull
    'it (the shape) looks like a plastic h&m bag' (as in plastic that you get when you buy something :p)

congrats on your bag! you can always buy something small in pomme vernis, baby whore shoes!

12. Great story. Thanks for sharing and congrats on your hudson.

13. lol it's a funny story!!!

14. Congratulations.

15. lol, congrats!! :biggrin: