My BF and I got into an argument over croc Birkin...

You know, my DH calls everything from lavendar to burgundy including fuscia and plum, PURPLE. These are the colors he knows: purple, green, yellow, blue, black, red, white, brown, orange.[/QUOTE]

My husband cannot tell the difference in a Birkin and a Kelly. I tell him, "count the handles."

LOL, the funny thing is I forgot to finish that post, I was going to say maybe the BF saw creme, eggshell or even beige rose or something else and thought it was white....but it looks like white is real, so YAY!

Well, girls, I wish he was that educated. So far he just knows what Hermes Birkin looks like, but when he sees something resembling it, he says - Oh, I saw this purse today! In my city so far there were only few occasions when I saw a Birkin, never mind an exotic!!! That's why I was pretty sceptical, I mean what are the chances!

I showed him the pictures of creme, rose beige and eggshell and he said it was definately white. And guess what... he actually told me that he saw the bag in white croc after I showed him Gina_b's gorgeous Royal Blue Porosus Kelly!

You know, my DH calls everything from lavendar to burgundy including fuscia and plum, PURPLE. These are the colors he knows: purple, green, yellow, blue, black, red, white, brown, orange.

My husband cannot tell the difference in a Birkin and a Kelly. I tell him, "count the handles."[/quote]

This is hilarious!!! Count the handles!:roflmfao:

It does sound like Paris is making a whitish-looking croc skin. Heard the mothership will be receiving them soon. I have no idea what exactly is the name of this colour. Anyone know?

Thanks to Amanda and Anabeni, we got to see the store front pictures of the Mothership.

Can anyone ID the colour of this white croc in the middle of this picture??

Is it parchmein?

attachment.php

As Sakara showed, Hermes used to do croc in white, but it is VERY rare, and hasn't been offered for a very long time. It would definitely be an SO, these days.

CB - they "paint" it white, for lack of a better description. White is one of the only colours that they do this with. They have just developed a new way of 'dying' white leathers (skins, whatever!), so that the yellowing issue has been resolved.

time to get me a white bag.....

As Sakara showed, Hermes used to do croc in white, but it is VERY rare, and hasn't been offered for a very long time. It would definitely be an SO, these days.

CB - they "paint" it white, for lack of a better description. White is one of the only colours that they do this with. They have just developed a new way of 'dying' white leathers (skins, whatever!), so that the yellowing issue has been resolved.

time to get me a white bag.....

Thanks so much, K! I must have missed something that Sakara showed. Gotta go look for it now.

And great to hear that Hermes found a solution to yellowing of white leathers (skins, whatever!) :P

I know! I love the white bags, and now feel OK about buying one.
By the way - the croc in the pic of FSH....probably not parchmein - the exotics usually have different colour names to the non-exotic leathers. My SA has a whole list of all the new colours that were offered at the Podium...I'll ask on the weekend.