My Best Friend Is Graduating Today

1. In April you may recall my thread about my friend who lost her husband in a mountainbike accident. Well, today she is graduating from CalPoly University with a degree in HydroGeology. It is going to be a very bittersweet day for her. I am so excited for her but at the same time very heartbroken for her. It's going to be a very emotional day. I'm so very glad I have this forum that I can post thoughts/feelings I don't necessarily want to discuss with anyone in person at the moment. I've already talked to DH this morning and it just made him sad. I guess I'm just looking to share this day with you guys and ask that you send prayers and good thoughts her way today. She's going to need all the positive energy she can get.
    Thanks for reading.

2. My prayers and good thoughts are with her, and her family, and you.

3. I do remember your thread and recall it was just heartbreaking. I wish you all the strength possible to be there for your friend. My thoughts and prayers will be with all of you.

4. My prayers and thoughts and wishes for as good a day as is possible are with you all. :flowers:

5. My thoughts and prayers and all the best to her and you.

6. thanks you guys. I appreciate all the kind words/thoughts.
    Just FYI - please don't feel obligated to respond to this thread. I know you are all wishing the best for her today. Just wanted to put it out there.
    Have a great weekend everyone!
    :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers:

7. My prayers and congrats to your friend and you for this weekend.

8. All the best to your friend.

9. congratulations to your friend. this must be such a happy/sad time for her. it's good that she has a good friend like you to support her.

10. BIG ***hugs*** to you and your friend!!! you're a true diamond and thats what friends are all about!

11. congrats to her and send my love to both you n ur frd!! =)

12. I remember the thread, too. I'll keep her in my thoughts and prayers! She is blessed to have you for a friend.:yes:

Pippi:flowers:

13. i wish her well.. n hope that she gets to enjoy one of the happiest days of her life.. losing a loved one is never easy but i hope she remembers all the hardwork she has done to get her degree.. i am very sure her husband is happy of her accomplishment as well.

14. You are a great friend to support her and care for her so much. Again, I am sorry about her loss.

I know with my husband's line of work, I am often with wives that have lost there husbands and as much as I want to be supportive, sometimes, I just feel so guilty mine is alive and hers isn't that I just can't get anything out. The fact that you are there for her is a great gift and blessing in itself.

You are doing great, being there for her for the good and when she wants to talk about the bad! I will keep her and you in my prayers!

15. terris party 002.jpg

She did it! Had to post this photo cause I'm just so darn proud of her.
    Thank you for all your kind thoughts and prayers. She really had a wonderful day surrounded by friends and family.