My Anniversary Amethyst Ring (pics)

1. My husband and I had our first date five years ago, and to mark the occasion, he gave me this lovely ring for my right hand. I picked it out of course, as he does not know from jewelry at all, lol

I do not have much "fine" jewelry, and this is actually my first gemstone ring aside from my diamond wedding band and engagement ring.

I absolutely love it :heart: . The setting is kind of an unusual half-bezel, almost like parentheses surrounding the 1.3 carat amethyst. I like that it will never snag on anything and I can wear it every day if I want. Enjoy the pics -- click on them to enlarge to supersize...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

it even looks pretty in the shade
    [​IMG]

2. Congratulations on your happiness and your new ring! It is really pretty. I love amethysts!

3. Very pretty...congrats!!

4. I love the ring!

And OMG. We have the exact same hands. It's so freaky! :amazed:

5. :yahoo:

I absolutely love it. It's totally my style. :smile: Congrats! Hubby and I just celebrated our 5 year anniversary too - coming up on our 8 year first date.

6. Really nice. You have nice hands too.

7. i love it! that color is absolutely gorgeous, especially in sunlight!

8. i love purple. and the simple design. it really catches the light too.

9. beautiful!!!:drool: congrats!

10. very nice!!!

11. Nice! I love amethysts! (It's my birthstone)

This reminds me of the episode of Friends when Joey finds his hand twin. :lol:

12. Congratulations! Lovely ring.

13. Congratulations! It's a beautiful ring, and a gorgeous stone. I love amethysts!

14. It's very pretty!

15. its beautiful! i love amethyst! looks great on you too!