My Album Isn't About Nick

1. Jessica: My Album Isn't About Nick

MONDAY AUGUST 07, 2006 07:40AM EST
    By Stephen M. Silverman

Simpson Photo by: Evan Agostini / Getty [​IMG]
    Jessica Simpson's next album, A Public Affair, is set for release Aug. 29 – and though the title may make it sound like it's about the spotlight placed on her crumbling marriage to Nick Lachey, she insists that isn't the case.

"A Public Affair is a play on words," Simpson, 26, tells MTV News. "It's not about what you think it's going to be about."

Granted, she admits, "People probably expected (it to be about Lachey) because of everything going on in my life, but it's not about him at all."

Instead, she says, "It's about me going out with my girlfriends and forgetting everything that's around me, which is paparazzi, and just having a fun night. Because (paparazzi) can ruin a night."

Not that Lachey didn't serve as the inspiration for at least one track on the album, Simpson reveals.

During the "really tough time" last year when things were falling apart, Simpson says she found solace when she shared one of her favorite songs with younger sister Ashlee, Patty Griffin's "Let Him Fly."

More on this story
    "We laid there listening to the song and just cried and cried like babies," Jessica tells MTV.com. "In a lot of ways, my sister really gave me the strength to pull through this really hard time. And it was just lying there and being with her that got me through it. I knew everything would be okay."

The song, which Simpson covers on the album "is about how sometimes you just have to know when to let something go, she says, and adds, "(It) was just perfect for that moment. And I had to sing it."

2. :hysteric:I hate to break it to JS but NO ONE CARES!!!

3. :roflmfao: Gotta love ya Irene! You always put it in perspective.

4. Irene I totally agree.:roflmfao:

5. :roflmfao:

6. Very true!!! And I don't exactly see her as the victim in the whole mess that was her divorce!

7. don't like her at all....

8. Here! Here!

9. I admire Jessica's bag collection, but I don't really like her. For some reason, since she split with Nick, the girl is on my last nerve.
    Is it too much to hope that her album tanks, her movies fail and she all but disappears?

10. ^ i agree i liked her before she split with nick but since she did she is on my nerves too.

11. i remember being soooo heartbroken when she married nick... i used to have the biggest crush on him...

but after the split i don't like her either...i think she's beautiful, but i feel like she lost sight of her goals in life when she left him...

12. I'm forever boycotting every movie she's in, every album she puts out, all of it! I will never, ever, intenionally give her money! She doesn't deserve it, she's so freaking stupid and I really reallly dislike her.

13. Wow, much hatred and dislike for Jessica...I like her and for many reasons.

14. Yeah!!

I really hope so too!!.

15. I agree-she's sooooo annoying!