My adventures in fostering

the kittens are finally coming around! here they are all napping on my lap a couple nights ago with mama on the side :smile:

2hdbj0y.jpg

oh my god i want them all! they are so cute!!!! how old are they? seriously i don't know how you don't end up adopting at least one. i wouldn't be able to resist.
the one main reason is because they stress out my cats terribly lol i'm sure if my cats didn't mind them then it would be a lot harder to not think about adopting at least one.

so far i've got it set up to where i wake up way earlier than normal in the mornings so i can let mama out for about 15-20 min before i go to work. and i sit in with the kittens, and clean their litter box... water/food/etc.... then mama gets put back into the room and door closed while i'm at work. then i come home and let her out again until i go to bed.

i try to spend most of my time in the kitten room. if i'm in there then the mama will will stay in there for a good while. but there are times when i'm in there for a couple hours and she's out somewhere in my house but i don't hear any growling or hissing so that's good lol

oh and she gets put back in the room when i'm eating dinner because it's very apparently she was probably fed a lot of people food... she wants it REAL bad.

but since the room is closed during the day and at night... it kinda stinks sometimes. i have the AC on and a window cracked open to get some ventilation going... but sometimes it doesn't seem to help much.

anyone know of any product i can buy to put in the room that will act as an odor eater?? i do have a small air purifier but it's just a cheapy so it's kinda really loud and i don't think the kittens would appreciate it.

the kittens are finally coming around! here they are all napping on my lap a couple nights ago with mama on the side :smile:

2hdbj0y.jpg

the one main reason is because they stress out my cats terribly lol i'm sure if my cats didn't mind them then it would be a lot harder to not think about adopting at least one.

so far i've got it set up to where i wake up way earlier than normal in the mornings so i can let mama out for about 15-20 min before i go to work. and i sit in with the kittens, and clean their litter box... water/food/etc.... then mama gets put back into the room and door closed while i'm at work. then i come home and let her out again until i go to bed.

i try to spend most of my time in the kitten room. if i'm in there then the mama will will stay in there for a good while. but there are times when i'm in there for a couple hours and she's out somewhere in my house but i don't hear any growling or hissing so that's good lol

oh and she gets put back in the room when i'm eating dinner because it's very apparently she was probably fed a lot of people food... she wants it REAL bad.

but since the room is closed during the day and at night... it kinda stinks sometimes. i have the AC on and a window cracked open to get some ventilation going... but sometimes it doesn't seem to help much.

anyone know of any product i can buy to put in the room that will act as an odor eater?? i do have a small air purifier but it's just a cheapy so it's kinda really loud and i don't think the kittens would appreciate it.

I use an essential oil steam diffuser - one that's plugged in but doesn't heat up.
I also have reed diffusers dotted around. Unfortunately, there are still times I walk in through the front door and am almost knocked off my feet by one of the steamers that little lot will sometimes produce.....:biggrin:

I use an essential oil steam diffuser - one that's plugged in but doesn't heat up.
I also have reed diffusers dotted around. Unfortunately, there are still times I walk in through the front door and am almost knocked off my feet by one of the steamers that little lot will sometimes produce.....:biggrin:

yesterday was like that for me. i hadn't even opened the door yet lol

is your essential oil steam diffuser a certain brand? maybe while i'm at target today i'll pick up one of those cheap gel air fresheners... you know the type that come in the little cone shape thing and you just pull up the top to open it. i'm just realizing we have one of those here at work in the floor bathroom and it's pretty powerful! haha

and my poor parents have to sleep in this room a couple days after the kittens leave. lol

yesterday was like that for me. i hadn't even opened the door yet lol

is your essential oil steam diffuser a certain brand? maybe while i'm at target today i'll pick up one of those cheap gel air fresheners... you know the type that come in the little cone shape thing and you just pull up the top to open it. i'm just realizing we have one of those here at work in the floor bathroom and it's pretty powerful! haha

and my poor parents have to sleep in this room a couple days after the kittens leave. lol

My Dad still talks of the time he stayed over and Clydie (the first feline love of my life) delivered such a powerful steamer it woke my Dad up, gasping and eyes streaming :biggrin:
Mine is Tisserand - I have seen another in Muji that I like the look of....anything to help with what that lot produce.
Oh - do you have Neutrodol products there? They're pretty good as well.

My Dad still talks of the time he stayed over and Clydie (the first feline love of my life) delivered such a powerful steamer it woke my Dad up, gasping and eyes streaming :biggrin:
Mine is Tisserand - I have seen another in Muji that I like the look of....anything to help with what that lot produce.
Oh - do you have Neutrodol products there? They're pretty good as well.

i'll have to google those as i have heard of none of them. lol

thanks!!
these guys aren't going back till around the 19th so we have a ways to go yet :smile:
i'm hoping at some point i can keep the door open all the time so mama can go in and out but right now i'm still not comfortable with her being out when i'm not around.

omg that kitten pile-up is too much. i get it about the kittens. i forget with the last batch- did you introduce them at all to your group?

i did the last few days. they were getting so antsy being in the room. my cats never really warmed up to them though. shooter didn't really care about them.. but meeko and sunday were totally not having it. the last few nights i had them they figured out how to get up to my bed so my cats weren't real happy with that lol

sunday is actually reacting better to the mama cat than she did with the kittens. and i think meeko is just freaking out because the mama cat lunged at him a few times (the gate was between them but it was still kinda scary). so i think he's not impressed lol

here's a photo i posted on facebook. too cute not to share many places :biggrin:

this is Bear sleeping the other night. The only kitten that currently has a name lol and his name suits him! he was playing with a toy the other night and would growl if any of the other kittens tried to take it.

30a6hox.jpg

here's a photo i posted on facebook. too cute not to share many places :biggrin:

this is Bear sleeping the other night. The only kitten that currently has a name lol and his name suits him! he was playing with a toy the other night and would growl if any of the other kittens tried to take it.

30a6hox.jpg

OMG! That is just too freakin cute! :woot: