My accidental yummy, super easy chicken recipe.

1. I wanted some shreaded chicken to make a casserole (still trying to clean out the pantry).

I had an an onion, so I chopped that up and sauted that with about 2 tbs olive oil for about 3-4 minutes, popped in 4 lbs of chicken thighs, seasoned them up with garlic powder, pepper and salt. Browned both sides (about 5 minutes each side), Then I deglazed the pan with a bottle of beer and filled the bottle with water and put that in....simmered for about 45 minutes.

OMG! The meat is so tender it is falling off the bone and the sauce was just too yummy to dump. I threw in a couple of tablespoons of flour, cooked down the flour and thinned it with a bit more water....

oh, my gosh...so much for the casserole. YUM!

2. That sounds fabulous! I might be trying a "new" recipe tonight;)

3. Wow, sounds great! There have been so many easy and delicious-sounding recipes posted lately, that I'm going to be busy in the kitchen.

4. Ohhhh...that sounds sooo good.

You should call it "drunken chicken" or something! :nuts:

5. drunken chicken. i like the sound of that.

6. i cooked this last night for the BF-added a little chicken broth to it because it was on the counter and forgot about the flour (his internet was down so i couldn't check the recipe) and served it over rice which i'd cooked with chicken broth, sauteed onions and peppers, and it was amazing! the chicken was sooooo yummy! thanks twinkle :okay:

7. Yahoo!!! I am so glad!

8. wow... sounds yummy I want to try to cook that one of these days. Hope it not difficult.