Music that makes you happy!

1. Music has always been a Huge part of my life. (in the biz for some 15+ years until 5 years ago...hubby still in it!) There are so many artists and songs and genres that just lift my spirits. Right now, I'm listening to some old ELO - Turn to Stone. But there are many many more songs, that I just love! List yours here as you think of them!

2. :nuts: Wake Me Up Before You Go Go by Wham! (How can you NOT smile when you hear that song!?!?!) I love the beat, I love the 'jitterbug . . . jitterbug' at the beginning. It's SO much fun to dance to, and it was played in Zoolander, which was one of my favorite movies.

"Orange Mocha Frappuccinos!"

3. Anything 90s alternative. Soundgarden, STP, Hole, Bush, Candlebox, Nirvana, Alice in Chains, Pearl Jam, Live, The Offspring, Veruca Salt, Smashing Pumpkins.... Reminds me of good summer times :supacool: When I was just learning to drive, going to the movies with friends, hanging out at the beach.... :girlsigh:

4. Lately I've been listening to India Arie & Simon Webbe. Both are really relaxing music, upbeat & lifts my spirit up.

Hysteric

5. "Living on a Prayer" - Bon Jovi
    "September" - Earth, Wind & Fire

6. Anything by Sublime! When I travelled to Africa, they were my 'I'm on the ferry to Tangiers music' LOL I was so excited. But they totally remind me of lounging by my mom's pool drinking with my friends. Ahhh the good ol summers.
    Also Jack Johnson, Donavon Frankenreiter, G-love. My husband plays guitar so last summer we would always have a bunch og people over and he would play and we'd all sing along lol so corny, right? it was fun tho.
    The Smiths remind me of going for summer drives into the country with my friend.
    I'm sure there's tons more.

7. "Under the Sea" from "The Little Mermaid" soundtrack:shame:

8. I dance everytime I hear it :biggrin: lol

9. I sort of cracked up when I saw this because I love all of these groups too -- same reason, I'm gen X and had great times in college listening to them.

But I never really think of Kurt Cobain as a "happy" guy -- and most of those 90's alternative types seemed to enjoy angst and cynicism more than perky cheer:rolleyes:

But I'm with you!

10. 311 and Sublime...

11. "For Once In My Life" Stevie Wonder!

12. I also agree with every band Cristina listed. Deep music makes me happy. Fluffy pop music makes me annoyed.

STP, Alice in Chains and Guns N Roses are my all time favorites. I also love Fuel, listening to the Best of Fuel right now at work. "Hemmorhage in my Hands" is my cell ringtone!

13. CLIPSE! Basically anything done by the Neptunes makes me happy.

14. Beastie Boys, Bob Marley, Frank Sinatra, Arctic Monkeys, Less Than Jake, Rancid, Queen, The Ramones, Weezer

It's kind of a bizzare mix but almost any song by any of these artist will perk me right up. I really like STP, Nirvana, Soundgarden, etc.. as I grew up with them too but I don't really consider their stuff to be happy music.

15. right now it's imogen heap's most recent CD, it's just so lovely and it makes me feel beautiful on days I don't and give me a good pick-me-up.