Music that Inspires

1. I've avoided posting about this for awhile, but I need some help from the wonderful tpf-ers. My little sister, who is only 17, has been very sick for almost 3 years now. I'm not ready to discuss it much yet, but I feel really helpless and I can't stop worrying and thinking about her.

Recently I discovered Mariah Carey's "Through the Rain," which has actually helped a bit. I found the thread http://forum.purseblog.com/general-discussion/songs-that-heal-20529.html , and I was wondering if anyone could recommend any favorite inspirational songs. A lot of the songs in the Songs that Heal thread were great break up songs, but not exactly helpful for this situation. I thought if I could find enough songs, I could make my sister a CD to help encourage her as well.

Thank you so much in advance everyone.

2. Another one I found was Simon and Garfunkel's "Bridge Over Troubled Water."

Are there really no suggestions? It could be a song that just makes you happy.

3. Mariah Carey My saving grace

4. Bless you for doing such a sweet, thoughtful thing for your sister.

One song I've always found inspiring is "Ripple" by the Grateful Dead. The last line always brings tears to my eyes for some reason: "If I knew the way, I would take you home".

5. My baby and I love music from The Secret Garden.

6. "You Gotta Be", by: Des'ree
    "Hero" Mariah Carey
    "Miracles" Mariah Carey

7. Boys&girls by ayumi hamasaki :yahoo:

8. "In this together" and "until the end of the world", both by apoptygma berzerk. Will post more when I remember more.

9. "We Can" by Leann Rimes

10. *Lo, madamefifi, TammyD, missisa07, Liberté, sweetlove and MissTiss - thank you so much! I really appreciate it. I will give all of these a try!