Muse - Knowing this, would you still buy a Muse?

I wonder if they stand behind their bags like Ferragamo and Chanel do. I used a Ferragamo bag every day for a year and the leather on the shoulder strap became cracked. I sent it back to them to be fixed and they sent me a brand new bag!

Also, I had a Chanel camera-style bag in the mid 90s that I bought from the Chanel boutique in Bloomingdales. I had ordered it by phone, since we don't have Bloomies in my town. The strap broke after a few months. They fixed that and then a few months later the lining of the outside pocket totally shredded. Then eventually the strap broke again. I sent it back with a letter detailing all I had been through and asked for a full refund and they gave me one!

I would hope that YSL would stand behind its products, as well.

Yes, I would still buy the Muse knowing this. I've not had issues yet, but if I do I won't be too worried. I am careful with my bags and rotate them enough where hopefully not too many threads would begin to fray. I actually have a Valentino vachetta hobo with saddle stitch trim all around it 'for pretty' and that stitching is showing signs of fraying and I didn't think much about it except thinking to myself that it adds a bit of character. So it's not just the Muse, my guess is that any bag that has this nice big saddle type stitch trim would eventually show a little wear. :smile:

Yes, I bought mine anyway and so far, it's been perfect. Also, my SA said that in the event that something like that were to happen to any bag I purchased from them, they will fix it. I love the Muse and I am still very happy with my purchase.

I thought that the loose thread thing would cause a problem as well. But I did buy a choc large muse. Excellent bag. The threads are not holding the bag together. So far my threads are not coming apart, they are not sewn tight, but I think that this may have been deliberate part of the styling of the bag. I heard that the threads are hand sewn. I have another hand sewn bag and the threads are not tight either. But if it is going to bother you don't buy the bag, but I would go and look at it before making a decision. I still think that my bag is the best for the money that I could buy and it is holding up well and will be a classic forever in my opinion. My bag is wearing well. The buffalo leather is stronger in my opinion than cow leather. I would buy this bag again and I can not say this about many bags that I have bought.:supacool:

Hi there!
I just bought the large off white Mused and I adore it!!!
But 7 of the stitches have come loose after a few days! So I returned it yesterday and got a new one. Let's see what happens. I don't want to get another bag because it suits me so well and I love it such much!